The Revenue Assistant will work as part of a busy team of 18 and be responsible for playing a part in achieving national billing targets. A typical day will involve anything from liaising with partners and fee earners to resolving billing queries, updating and amending file data to ensure correct billing and processing proformas. The Revenue Accounting team structure is as follows: 1 Revenue Manager, 1 Senior Revenue Assistant and 16 Revenue Assistants. All elements of the Revenue Accounting team work together to ensure efficient and effective billing.
• Responsibility for the billing of specific clusters / clients
• Liaising and building excellent working relationships with all levels of employees across the practice areas
• Understanding the billing and data requirements of the cluster to ensure effective and accurate billing
• Meeting SLA targets for billing and query resolution
• Checking correct details are present on all proformas and resolving queries where information is missing
• Processing high volumes of invoices using various electronic billing systems currently in use within the department in compliance with client billing protocols
• Preparing excel bordereaux bill schedules and accompanying bill documents
• Updating the matter data on the Finance system following requests from the business to ensure smooth billing
• Processing of credit notes and reversals
• Investigating errors on billing guides to ensure overall compliance with client billing protocols, VAT charges and billing templates.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
• Quality oriented with a focused customer service approach
• Must be highly organised with the ability to effectively manage a constantly changing workload under pressure, meeting demanding processing targets and adhering to service standards
• Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative with a pro-active and flexible approach with and a good eye for detail, excellent communication and numeracy skills
• A good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages especially Excel and Word.
• Previous billing / administration experience
• A background in volume processing within a Finance function of a law firm
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.