Residential Development Solicitor/Associate - Bristol
Our National House Builder Team has an opportunity in Bristol for a Solicitor to help them with their increasing workload from regionally and nationally based residential. The work is exciting and varied and includes all aspects of brownfield site regeneration schemes, mixed use, urban extensions, the purchase and development of strategic land, joint ventures and collaborations and the development and disposals of new housing neighbourhoods. Housebuilder clients include Galliford Try/Linden Homes, Barratts, Bellway Homes, Taylor Wimpey, Crest Nicholson and Persimmon. The candidate will work closely with solicitors from our Real Estate team from other disciplines including, planners, construction, corporate, tax and property finance lawyers.
• Working as part of the National Team on a wide variety of projects
• Drafting and negotiating contracts dealing with all aspects of acquisition, development and disposals
• Carrying out and supervising due diligence and reporting
• Providing clients with focused legal advice with an appreciation of clients' commercial objectives
• Reporting to clients, communicating directly with them and building relationships
• Involvement in business development and assistance with client management.
• Assisting with writing articles and client updates
• At all times complying with client and firm protocols, financial management requirements and data protection requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
• An NQ-6PQE Solicitor/Associate, experienced in commercial and / or residential development.
• Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
• Ability to operate with a high level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• Exposure to and success within business development activities.
• Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships, undertake client marketing and influence at all levels. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
• Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of Real Estate matters simultaneously,
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Able to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
• Detail conscious with a concern for quality.
• Ability to deliver against client protocols and KPIs.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org