Reconnect: A life that works as you return to law
DAC Beachcroft is a broad-based commercial firm serving a wide range of sectors with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. Its services span everything from insurance and commercial litigation, through to corporate and commercial transactions, including advice on employment law and governance, risk and regulatory.
DAC Beachcroft is partnering with Women Returners to host an event to launch Reconnect: A life that works as you return to law. The programme is aimed at experienced, legal professionals considering a return to private practice, in a friendly supportive environment, following an extended career break.
You will join the firm on an initial 6 month returnship fixed term contract with the support of a return to work coaching plan. You will have the opportunity to get to know the role and gain experience in your new position. There are opportunities following the returnship for roles to become permanent.
The firm has recently recruited a number of lawyers returning to the law after career breaks. One of the firm's returners has been appointed as a Back to Law Ambassador for the national Law Society 's scheme. You can find out more about Eleanor's story here.
What is it like to work at DAC Beachcroft?
DAC Beachcroft is easy to engage with, a reputation they are proud to maintain and reinforce through their people and the way they operate. With an open, welcoming culture and a flexible approach, the firm helps colleagues be their best at work, while recognising that they have all sorts of different interests and commitments outside work.
The firm’s culture is reflected in and described by its Cultural Principles – Supportive, Determined, Creative and Clear. These Principles guide interactions and relationships between colleagues, with clients, and with the communities in which the firm does business.
DAC Beachcroft is committed to attracting, retaining and developing people from diverse backgrounds, with a range of life experiences and perspectives. It is committed to welcoming and encouraging all colleagues, so that everyone has the same opportunity to get involved, to make a difference and to progress.
Role responsibilities will vary by practice area, key responsibility areas are;
- Meeting or exceeding personal monthly and annual financial targets.
- Developing an understanding of clients' and DACB's business.
- Engaging with and maintaining existing client relationships.
- Working to deadlines, prioritising workload and meeting conflicting demands on time.
The Ideal Candidate
- Shows sound judgement in decision making, focused on client and case needs.
- Works with appropriate levels of supervision.
- Develops a high quality level of technical expertise.
- Demonstrates proactive financial management in relation to billing, credit control and client service level agreements.
- Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
- Demonstrates commercial judgement.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to work as part of a team on larger matters and to assist with development of business.
Applying to the Reconnect: A life that works as you return to law
By applying to this vacancy advert, you are registering your interest in vacancies at DAC Beachcroft as part of the Reconnect programme. You may be ready to return and wish to apply for specific vacancies available now or future opportunities or are planning to return in the future and want to be kept up to date on opportunities and vacancies. You will periodically receive updates on new opportunities as well as relevant events and activities.
During the application process you will be asked to complete a short set of questions around your preferences as well as submit a CV and short covering letter to support your application.
If you are still unsure and would like to know more about Reconnect: A life that works as you return to the law, DAC Beachcroft will be hosting a series of webinars so you can find out more about Reconnect and a career at the firm. You are welcome to attend some or all of the sessions, each has a different focus.
Reconnect insights introduction session
Tuesday 6 October 2020, 12:00-14:30
- An overview of Reconnect
- Hear from colleagues who have successfully returned to the law at DAC Beachcroft
- Meet members of DAC Beachcroft’s leadership team
- Benefit from a Women Returners coaching workshop providing advice on preparing for your return to work.
Introduction to Business Sectors
Wednesday 11 November 2020, 11:00-12:30
Thursday 3 December 2020, 13:00-14:30
- Both sessions will provide more information about our specialist sectors (Insurance, Real Estate, Health and Business Advisory) with the opportunity to talk partners from each sector
Preparing for a return and how to apply
Wednesday 13 January 2021, 12:00-13:30
- Find out how to prepare for a return to work
- Details on how to apply to the programme
How to register for the event
To join us at the insight event, please click here to register.
With any questions regarding the events or in general, please email email@example.com.
Formal closing date for initial applications is Sunday 31st January 2021. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis prior to the closing date.
Our commitment to you and your application
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.