Real Estate Paralegal (Portfolio Management) - Leeds
This role is to work as part of the portfolio management team, which is a well-established national team of junior fee-earners who support our national Real Estate group.
Our Real Estate group covers every aspect of commercial real estate work including, development, investment, asset management, funding, construction, landlord and tenant, planning and environmental and dispute resolution. Clients include property management and development companies, health trusts and government bodies (local and central), owner occupiers and institutions, both in the UK and overseas.
The team also has a proven recorded in paralegal progression. We very much value and see our Portfolio Management team as our “incubation hub” for future talent and have in the last 12 months alone, seen 4 former paralegals formally qualify as solicitors with the assistance of professional development funding and mentoring from within the team and wider group.
The role will include varied work, including the preparation of title and lease reports, legal forms, land registry and SDLT/LBTT, break notices, simple planning documents, lease and other L&T documentation drafting and negotiation as well as general assistance to fee earners on a variety of client matters and general support.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in Commercial Property is not essential but would be advantageous.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage tasks within a time-scale.
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to produce work to a high standard.
- IT literate with working knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge/ previous experience of case management systems would be an advantage but training will be provided. Good keyboard skills are also essential.
- Must be flexible and self-motivated team player who is able to respect and support others within the team to achieve common goals.
- Ability to communicate confidently both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and friendly manner.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet required deadlines.
- Confident with an ability to build strong relationships with clients (internal and external) and third party contacts at all levels
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own workload effectively and manage conflicting priorities. Seek guidance and input where appropriate/needed.
- Team oriented, enthusiastic and committed