Real Estate (Healthcare) Solicitor/Associate - Bristol, Newcastle or Manchester
Our Health and Public Sector real estate team has an opportunity for a Solicitor/ Associate to support their asset management, acquisition and disposal and strategic and advisory work for the NHS and other public sector bodies. Being sector-based, the workload is varied and represents an ideal opportunity for the right person to gain unparalleled experience in all types of commercial real estate work. An ability to think critically and contextually and strong people skills are essential. Clients range from NHS England to NHS Foundation Trusts, NHS Trusts, Mental Health Trusts and Local Authorities and central government.
Recent work examples include working on the response to the Covid-19 pandemic including the Nightingale hospitals and mass vaccination site programmes.
"They really have an understanding of their client’s needs and are able to call upon a national network of knowledge and experience to find solutions during negotiations. They have a pragmatic approach, which fits well with how we like to do business."
Legal 500 UK 2021, Real Estate
"The team has considerable resources available to enable thorough and comprehendible advice to be given on most issues no matter how diverse. The advice comes from primarily a legal perspective but also shows commercial understanding."
Legal 500 UK 2021, Real Estate
Our diverse range of clients provides top-quality instructions and a varied and sustainable pipeline of work.
Our team members are empowered to develop their own client contacts and relationships from the start of their careers; you will see how your contribution directly impacts on your clients and understand how the service you provide helps them.”
All across our team, from our emerging talent to our senior leadership, you won’t find a closed door, real or virtual.
We are a truly international firm with over 2,500 colleagues across 9 countries and with a myriad of international associations further bolstering our capabilities.
Our team are very busy and work hard, but we offer genuine flexibility to allow you to meet your personal and work commitments – and that flexibility won’t disappear post-Covid!
- Act as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice
- Adhere to client protocol and process
- Develop a deep understanding of our client's statutory limitations and commercial drivers
- Advise NHS and Public Sector bodies on property transactions in the context of their statutory frameworks
- Work closely with clients on all matters
- Be given a good level of autonomy and regular client contact from an early stage
- Engage with and maintain existing client relationships
- Be provided with the appropriate level of supervision, support and mentoring to ensure you develop your skills and experience
- Have the opportunity to engage with other departments across DAC Beachcroft to ensure a consistent and joined up approach to delivery of client services.
- Manage a caseload and/or support Associates, Partners and colleagues on larger complex matters.
- Draft and review correspondence, reports and documents
- Maintain matters in good organisational shape and in accordance with client quality and service level agreements.
- Work on matters of high value and quality in sensitive and complex environments.
- Understand and comply with client service level agreements.
- Support business development and marketing activity where required.
- Develop awareness of firm wide strategies.
- Build an awareness of the firm's other services through effective networks and research.
- In addition to a competitive salary, the role benefits from a firm's bonus scheme, linked to realistic and achievable personal financial targets.
The Ideal Candidate
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and dedicated, have a strong work ethic and be keen to seize the opportunity to progress their legal career by developing their technical skills and commercial awareness in a friendly, collaborative environment.
We are seeking a commercially focused Real Estate Solicitor/Associate with 0-5years post qualification experience with a genuine interest in Health and Public Sector Real Estate work (Health and Public Sector experience beneficial but not required). Key skills include:
- High quality level of technical expertise
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team oriented and collegiate
- Ability to analyse and apply legal principles and facts to derive technically sound, commercial strategies for complex cases
- Sound judgment in decision making and being focused on client and case needs
- Competent legal knowledge and understanding derived from specialist expertise in sector of operation
- Up to date knowledge of legal developments and case law in relevant market and industry sector
- An awareness of external market conditions, affecting the firm and its clients
- A good level of computer literacy
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com