Real Estate (Asset Management) Associate - Bristol
The Bristol Asset Management team has a vacancy for an associate who has or wants to develop a specialism in Landlord and Tenant work. The work is for national clients predominantly involving the negotiation and grant of leases with some project work in relation to refinancing, sales and acquisitions. We act for Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, Landsec, Lendlease, Ellandi, and Cale Street on some of the country’s top shopping centres and for a number of national retailers, property investment companies, funds, government bodies and business services providers. Our asset management team is well established and support will be given in this role
- Working as part of the national team providing a consistent high quality service within client specific KPIs
- Drafting and negotiating leases for landlord clients following particular client protocols
- Dealing direct with client contacts in taking instructions, reporting to and building relationships with them
- Carrying out due diligence
- Supervising paralegals in dealing with post completion reporting and registration requirements
- Adhering closely to client protocol and process.
- Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
- Complying with client and firm protocols including financial management and data security.
The Ideal Candidate
- An Associate with an interest or experience typically to have been gained in negotiating leases and agreements for lease for landlords and/or tenants as well as dealing with applications for consent to assign, deeds of variation, lease renewals, surrenders, licences to alter and underleases.
- Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
- Ability to deliver against client protocols and KPIs.
- Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
- Ability to operate with a high level of self sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- Team oriented and collegiate.
- Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of Real Estate matters simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
- Able to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
- Detail conscious with a concern for quality
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org