The role will be to work closely with existing members of the Quality Audit Team to undertake audits for the firm. This entails:
• Undertaking evaluations on matter files against agreed criteria for the different Clusters, Service Lines, products and clients (both external and internal)
• Accurately recording the results of the evaluations so that they can be collated into reports for feedback
• Providing timely and comprehensive reporting, highlighting areas where criteria has not been met and identifying any trends and patterns in compliance levels
The role will develop and include
• Co-ordinating audits, including creating the necessary documentation for the audit, dealing with the logistics and liaising with the client at the appropriate time
• Hosting regular audit meetings with the rest of the team to monitor any issues
• Generating final reports for the client and leading on feedback meetings to discuss the findings with them
• Agreeing the appropriate corrective action and feeding this back to the Quality & Information Security Manager for it to be monitored and followed up as appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
• Attendance at regular team meetings as required at DAC Beachcroft offices
• The flexibility to travel to other offices as required. This can involve staying away from home. The length of time away from home and regularity will depend upon the requirements of the audit
• Using the firm's various case management systems as files can be paper, electronic or both
• A high level of objectivity in reviewing files against criteria
• Ongoing learning and development
• Working both independently and as part of a team
• Working on more than one audit at any given time
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.