Quality Assurance Test Engineer - Bristol
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a Quality Assurance Test Engineer to join our IT Development Team in Bristol. The IT development team provides both strategic and operational application development serving both internal and external clients of the firm.
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements or user stories into documented and approved test plans and test cases.
- Assist with defining estimates of effort.
- Execute test plans on releases, providing regular updates on progress and quality.
- Record and track product defects, liaising with developers and Business Analyst for resolution.
- Development and maintenance of automated and manual test scripts.
- Create and maintain test data requirements.
- Adhere to test policy and procedures, and contribute towards the continued improvement of them.
- Create and communicate reports and statistics for the Quality Assurance team.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
- Co-ordinate handover of new builds from development to QA.
The Ideal Candidate
- A degree in Information Technology or relevant industry experience.
- Experience of software testing, using Waterfall (V Model) or Agile (SCRUM) methodologies.
- Knowledge of testing principles including black and white box testing.
- Experience of testing both web and desktop applications.
- Experience of non-functional testing, including performance.
- Experience of Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Production experience of Test Automation
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to work on own as well as a team player.
- Demonstrable good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible approach to work and is capable of working on several different projects at any time.
- ISQTB Foundation Level / relevant Apprenticeship qualified.
- Experience of AutoIT/Selenium (test automation tool)
- Any legal industry exposure would be an advantage
- Experience in using SQL querying language
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org