The Transformation and Change team ensures that all projects and operational change initiatives within the Claims Solutions Group are managed and delivered efficiently, effectively and in accordance with industry best practice
We are happy to receive applications from the Birmingham, Bristol or Newport areas.
As a member of this group the role holder will:
- Compile and maintain project and business initiative status reports and time analysis
- Engage with key stakeholders to understand and escalate barriers to completion, key issues and risks both for their own projects and when collating other project status reports
- Take responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of tasks and small projects, actively managing and participating in all phases of the project life cycle.
- Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of projects in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain project documentation and templates as required and in accordance with best practice guidance
- Take responsibility for communications and updating project documents as projects progress
- Assist with coordination and administration activities on larger, more complex projects as directed
- Monitor on-going performance of projects against key parameters, including milestones and timescales throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Organise and attend project update meetings, ensuring that action points are recorded, communicated and completed
- Co-ordination of resources at appropriate points during the project.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with relevant DACB teams and partners within the wider firm.
- Conduct post-completion analysis of a project delivery, capturing and communicating any lessons learnt
- Occasionally travel to other DAC Beachcroft offices to attend meetings or events
- Handel confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Conduct other administrative tasks as required by Managers in the Transformation and Change Team
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a project management role or with project management methodologies is advantageous, but not essential
- Requires excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Needs to be a completer-finisher, a team player and capable of self-motivating
- Ability to communicate with credibility, proactively and persuasively at all stakeholder levels
- Have the ability to build effective, reciprocal relationships at all levels
- Demonstrable planning skills
- Have an understanding of the function of management reporting and information, together with an intermediate level of competence in Microsoft Office systems and the ability to generate and interpret data-based reports or a willingness to learn
- Have excellent written skills, specifically regarding report writing
- Flexible with regard to some travel and possible overnight stays in the UK
The person we are looking for will:
- Have outstanding organisational abilities and an ability to maintain a balance between the bigger picture and the detail
- Have people skills with a clear persuasive communication style and a level of personal credibility. Have assimilating/listening skills and thereby an ability to build effective, reciprocal relationships at all stakeholder levels
- Have some experience of taking responsibility for driving tasks/projects forward and be resilient in the face of setbacks. Be able to demonstrate clear judgment and apply common sense
- Be self-motivated and able to work to a high standard under own initiative
- Have experience of reporting to and working closely with business stakeholders and project sponsors
- The ability to be task / delivery focused is essential as well as capable of delivering pragmatic solutions
- Have the ability to manage numerous tasks, competing priorities and the ability to work well under pressure on a daily basis
- Attention to detail – Proficient in applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org