The Procurement Specialist provides procurement expertise to the business across a broad range of categories. Assists stakeholders to plan, develop, source, and manage procurement arrangements to effectively meet organisational and departmental objectives.
- Offer effective Procurement advice and guidance to key stakeholders
- Support client reporting including achievements against KPIs, risks, opportunities and Supply Chain considerations.
- Manage key stakeholder expectations.
- Manage existing contracts and review schedule
- Identify savings opportunities, establish savings targets and delivery benefits to achieve cost reduction objectives.
- Supplier Due Diligence and monitoring
Procurement & Tender Management
- Recognise business requirements and manage all formal procurement processes undertaken across the business and select providers in an objective and rigorous way.
- Research and analysis of latest market trends and best practice and assessing risk to inform procurement planning and sourcing decisions.
- Resolve complex issues and deliver high performance, and quality outcomes.
- Validate and challenge stakeholder business needs. compile, and source market information.
- Keeping up to date with legislation and building knowledge of the business and supplier markets.
- Manage and negotiate commercial terms and establish competitive cost management targets and performance indicators.
- To work with the business to ensure that procurement is involved in all purchases and procurement requirements.
- To rationalise and thereby to reduce the number of ad-hoc and special purchases.
- Implement and contribute to the development of contract management plans, resolve issues, monitor performance, and negotiate contract variations through effective supplier relationships to enhance business outcomes
- Manage contracts and monitor provision of service to ensure compliance with contracts and service arrangements
- Monitor contract management processes to ensure they are open, transparent, and competitive, and that contract performance is effective
- Identify and evaluate existing contracts and assist with the completion of contracts as required.
- Conduct commercial management activity as part of the contract management process.
- Support budget holders to effectively performance manage their suppliers.
- Promote the image of Procurement.
- Ensure that corporate policies and procedures with reference to our Core Values, are fully complied with, regularly reviewed and corrective action taken as necessary.
- To drive continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements within the team and departments.
- Train, guide, and mentor staff as required.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Identify sources of value through the supplier relationship
- Lead supplier development activities for key suppliers and market segments to meet the needs of the organisation (Strategic vs Key).
Procurement Risk Management
- Identify, mitigate, and escalate procurement risks to enable the organisation to meet its obligations and maximise business opportunities.
- Escalate procurement and contract management issues where required.
- Identify and evaluate key risks at a contractual level for straightforward arrangements and seek input from other functions as appropriate.
- Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, cyber security, ethical and supply chain risks to minimise negative impacts on organisational objectives while encouraging opportunity and innovation.
- Work closely with business areas to identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, ethical and supply chain risks emanating from procurement activity and supply base arrangements.
- Undertake supplier risk analysis.
Procurement/Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Identify and address efficiencies with a view to achieving overall cost savings.
- Spend analysis to identify trends, assess changes in demand and inform sourcing decisions.
- Provide financial analysis, financial data, and information on market trends for decision making, budget setting and service development strategies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience in the development of the end to end tender process.
- Proven ability to interpret, analyse and present detailed procurement and risk analysis data.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders including industry professionals and suppliers.
- Experience of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Energy, drive, initiative, resilience, and the ability to keep several projects going at the same time
- Demonstrates drive for continuous improvement and maximising performance, productivity, and efficiency
- Demonstrates knowledge and commitment to ESG
- Understands risks of impact to Cyber Security
- Grasps complexity and has the capacity to problem solve and offer solutions to meet business requirements.
- Good team work skills actively involves colleagues across the business, builds the benefits of collaborative working.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to interact with all management levels.
- CIPS qualified.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts to achieve required outcomes.
- Proven verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills including presentations.
- Skilled negotiator, capable of delivering objectives
- Lateral thinker, capable of assessing risks whilst delivering results.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com