Plot Conveyancer - Real Estate
We require a full time qualified plot conveyancer. The position will involve handling plot conveyancing (including Help to Buy) and part exchange house purchase and re-sales. A high degree of contact with clients and other solicitors. You will be expected to manage a high volume case load of plot and part exchange files ensuring tight deadlines for exchange are met.
• Opening new files and setting up on the system (case and visual files).
• Issuing draft documentation using pre-prepared precedents with the initial title pack.
• Running a plot sale file from start to finish and where necessary dealing with any associated part exchange and where applicable dealing with Help to Buy documentation.
• Issuing and preparing engrossments.
• Liaising with Purchaser's solicitors and developer clients.
• Dealing with enquiries before contract.
• Preparation of part exchange reports on title, review of searches, registration of PX purchasers. Ensuring that so far as possible that PX sales are "back to backed" with part exchange acquisition and the sale of the new plot.
• Client relationship management in particular with the client sales team.
• Drafting ad hoc documents as and when required.
• Dealing with queries and advising the clients as necessary.
• Forming the administrative link between Finance, Client Services, IT and the fee earners in relation to MI and payments.
The Ideal Candidate
Previous experience of working in a Plot Sales or residential conveyancing role is essential together with a good working knowledge of residential conveyancing practice and procedure
• Able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
• Demonstrable ability to provide clear communication both face to face and on the telephone.
• The ability to build effective, reciprocal relationships at all levels.
• Strong IT skills, with specific experience of using Excel to Intermediate level, including data manipulation, ability to use V-Lookup and pivot tables etc and able to create reports. Previous experience of using a case management system.
• Have excellent written skills, specifically regarding report writing.
• Quality and customer service oriented with a concern for accuracy and an eye for detail.
• Team oriented. A collegiate approach to sharing knowledge and working with colleagues across locations is essential. Supporting junior members of the team with tasks and providing guidance.
• Able to progress tasks using own initiative, seeking guidance and input from others where appropriate.
• Committed and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Have excellent organisational skills and able to effectively prioritise and organise workload/tasks.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.