Plot Conveyancer - Real Estate, Manchester
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a qualified plot conveyancer to join our Real Estate team in Manchester. The role will involve handling plot conveyancing (including Help to Buy) and part exchange house purchase and re-sales. and will include a high degree of contact with clients and other solicitors. You will be expected to manage a high volume case load of plot and part exchange files ensuring tight deadlines for exchange are met with minimal support and assistance.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of plot sales paperwork to include the relevant contract/assurance to deal with the plot reservation. This will be drafted on the basis of pre-approved precedents
- Running a plot sale file from start to finish and where necessary dealing with any associated part exchange and where applicable dealing with Help to Buy documentation
- Dealing with pre-contract enquiries
- Progressing file to exchange of contracts
- Dealing with exchange of contracts
- Preparing file for completion including issuing engrossments and drafting of completion statements
- Dealing with completion of matters and liaising with accounts and client regarding transfer of funds
- Registration procedures including submission of SDLT’s and AP1’s
- Closing files and dealing with account balances
- Dealing with requisitions from the Land Registry
- Managing client expectations
- Oversee other developments when other members of the team are on leave
- Liaising with Purchaser's solicitors and developer clients
- Preparation of part exchange reports on title, review of searches, registration of PX purchases. Ensuring that so far as possible that PX sales are "back to backed" with part exchange acquisition and the sale of the new plot
- Client relationship management in particular with the client sales team
- Drafting ad hoc documents as and when required
- Dealing with queries and advising the clients as necessary
- Forming the administrative link between Finance, Client Services, IT and the fee earners in relation to MI and payments
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of working in a Plot Sales or residential conveyancing role is essential together with a good working knowledge of residential conveyancing practice and procedure
- Able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
- Demonstrable ability to provide clear communication both face to face and on the telephone
- The ability to build effective, reciprocal relationships at all levels
- Strong IT skills, with specific experience of using Excel to Intermediate level, including data manipulation, ability to use V-Lookup and pivot tables etc and able to create reports. Previous experience of using a case management system
- Have excellent written skills, specifically regarding report writing
- Quality and customer service oriented with a concern for accuracy and an eye for detail
- Team oriented. A collegiate approach to sharing knowledge and working with colleagues across locations is essential. Supporting junior members of the team with tasks and providing guidance
- Able to progress tasks using own initiative, seeking guidance and input from others where appropriate
- Committed and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Have excellent organisational skills and able to effectively prioritise and organise workload/tasks
- Have an eye for detail and deliver documents with accuracy
- Ability to work as part of a team and be flexible when assisting team members with other developments they may require assistance on
- Ability to review files and pick up work quickly to meet deadlines
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org