Partnership Accountant - Remote (UK based)
DACBeachcroft is seeking a qualified and experienced accountant to join our Finance team as a Partnership Accountant on a full-time, permanent basis and can be fully remote or based in one of our many UK offices.
The Partnership Accountant's role is to manage various aspects of the Members Balance Sheet accounts including profit share, tax reserves and current accounts
DAC Beachcroft are an international law firm operating 15 legal entities across 10 countries in four continents. With partners across the globe, the role will focus on ensuring the accurate record keeping of each individual partner and their reconciliation to the group reserves.
The role will involve liaising with partners and finance staff in the UK and overseas, and will require a deep understanding of the group structure of the DAC Beachcroft LLP Group (“DACB”) and all its associated entities, both from a legal and management structure viewpoint and be able to map between the two views, working across various international entities.
We are a Disability Confident employer and guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, long term health condition or neurodiversity whose application meets the essential criteria for the role. If this applies to you and you feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Annual reconciliation of members tax reserves
- Liaising with banks in relation to members capital arrangements
- Assisting in providing annual statements to members
- Preparation of distribution schedules in line with profit sharing arrangements
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders on deferred distributions
- Maintaining the profit share model
- Assisting in the redesign of processes and procedures in the team to develop an efficient and accurate membership accounting team
- Reconciliation of the monthly and annual Balance Sheet accounts for all members reserves
- Ensuring UK and overseas members are remunerated in accordance with profit sharing arrangements and local practices overseas
- Understands DAC Beachcroft is an international firm. Works with awareness of this structure to operate as one team/brand.
- Actively operates in the best interests of the firm at all times internally and externally.
- Operates in a regulated environment, effectively managing risk and compliance issues including data security.
- Works in partnership with others to manage and mitigate commercial risk.
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified accountant with experience in reconciliations, posting journals and data interrogation
- Experience in the finance department of a law firm is considered necessary
- Experience of partnership accounting would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of Elite 3E and Visio would be an advantage
- Able to communicate confidently both orally and in writing at all levels and to convey complex modelling concepts in a clear, straightforward manner
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well within a team environment
- Able to be flexible in terms of a changing environment and constantly changing workload
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously whilst reporting to various stakeholders
- Tax knowledge would be an advantage for the role
- Spanish, Italian and French language skills, notably Spanish would be an advantage
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com