Paralegal - Vehicle Hire - Birmingham
Our vehicle hire and damage team works with over 40 insurance companies and self-insured corporates. The team deals with all aspects of defendant credit hire dispute resolution, providing an end to end solution. The team also provides pre-emptive advice on these issues whilst also assisting clients formulate their own strategies.
The team deals with claims from small track to multi track including fraudulent claims. Our team will also deal with liability, indemnity and associated losses including personal injury, credit repair and diminution.
The team has a progressive approach and a market leading reputation for not simply tackling the claims themselves from a litigation perspective, but also for tracking and analysing behaviours and trends with a view to providing insurers with bespoke strategies and changing market behaviours.
Why join our vehicle hire and damage team?
Given the size of the team and number of clients we work with there is a real opportunity for growth and development. Progression can either be by technical development, building client relationships and/or progression to supervisor or managerial role.
We also actively encourage and support professional funding for further qualification such as Cilex or to qualify as a solicitor.
To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of volume litigated vehicle hire and damage cases.
After the required level of training and support our teams are expected to:
- Be responsible for a varied caseload of litigated work with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Comply with internal and external service level agreements.
- To record timely and accurate management information.
- To hit their individual financial targets (which are set based upon work type, charging basis and experience).
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events, client training, clinics and shadowing days).
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
- You will be required to handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
All relevant experience in similar roles or areas of practice is desirable but not essential and we are happy to hear from graduates who feel they would be a good fit.
A successful candidate must have:
- IT skills - Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills – The ability to organise their own time, recognise what's a time pressure, what's important and when to ask for help.
- Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify what is not right/out of the ordinary.
- Commercial sense – The ability to know the principle or law but also know when is it worth pursuing it.
- Interpersonal skills – The ability to get on with a team, speak to a customer on the phone and meet a client.
- Resilience – The ability to stand their ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback.
- Aptitude to learn – The ability to retain knowledge and put into play new skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.