Paralegal - Triage Team
The Claims Solutions Group (CSG) Property team in Bristol provides solutions to the Insurance property recovery sectors. Due to expansion we are looking to recruit a new paralgeal into our Triage team. This candidate will be joining an already established team whom are covering an array of areas such as general property recoveries, subsidence mitigation, motor recoveries and costs.
To discuss this role further or to have an informal chat please contact me Sarah Carter-Barford on: firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the review and allocation of volume pre- litigated cases in our triage team.
- Early analysis and investigatory work on new property instructions to assess the prospects for a recovery.
- Reviewing Insurer policy documents, loss adjuster reports and expert evidence.
- Investigating liability on a variety of general recoveries claims, ranging from impact, escapes of water, flooding, impact and fire damage etc.
- Gathering evidence and ensuring the technical and expert evidence obtained by insurers loss adjusters is sufficient to prove causation.
- Interviewing insured clients and discussing claims with loss adjusters/assessors.
- Creating summary reports for new instructions which outline the circumstances, prospects, concerns and ultimately making a decision on whether the instruction holds viable prospects for a recovery.
- Reporting to insurer clients with a claim review and a decision as to whether to Property team will be taking on the instruction.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good understanding of claims handling practice and strategies
- IT skills - Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills – The ability to organise their own time, recognise what's a time pressure, what's important and when to ask for help.
- Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence and identify potential recovery claims.
- Commercial sense – The ability to know the principle or law but also know when a claim worth pursuing.
- Interpersonal skills – The ability to get on with a team, speak to a customer on the phone and meet a client.
- Be change oriented, with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Aptitude to learn – The ability to retain knowledge and put into play new skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.