Paralegal Supervisor - Motor Recoveries
The Motor Recoveries team in Birmingham is part of our Claims Solutions Group. Our specialist team provides expert and practical advice over a range of areas:
- Subrogated Motor Recoveries
- Uninsured Loss Recoveries
- International Motor Recoveries
- Recovery of overpayments and duplicate payments
We are currently accepting applications for a supervisor to join the team. The position is for a six month fixed term contract.
Through effective management, supervision and coaching of fee earners, to be accountable for the following:
- Ensuring files are run pro-actively and effectively to conclusion by the relevant fee earner, with appropriate deadlines met.
- Ensuring that fee earners work effectively to meet the needs of the clients and the commercial requirements of the firm, managing any identified fee earner performance or conduct issues to include;
- Ensuring any client complaint, emerging risk or compliance issues within a case are identified, addressed and escalated to the Team Manager within required timescales, as well as ensuring that relevant learning points are highlighted and actioned.
- Direct line management for a team of fee earners.
- Managing performance issues for individual fee earners within their sub-team, which could include carrying out investigations, supporting the implementation and review of Performance Improvement Plans (PIPS) and providing additional technical support or training to fee earners.
- Driving and improving individual fee earner financial performance through effective management and support of fee earners.
- Supporting the Team Manager with recruitment activities, such as interviewing and application short-listing.
Responsible for the induction of new joiners and ongoing technical development of fee earners
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous supervision and / or team management experience is advantageous and essential when managing fee earners undertaking more complex roles.
- Sufficient technical ability to supervise the allocated sub-team .
- A high level of personal compliance with DAC Beachcroft Group protocols and procedures.
- Evidence of achievement of personal financial performance.
- Evidence of commercial acumen.
- Evidence of effective people management skills including the ability to motivate, coach and mentor team members at all levels.
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously.
- Able to communicate confidently orally and in writing at all levels.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com