Paralegal - Real Estate
This role is to work as part of the real estate property team based in the firm’s Manchester Office. The role will provide support to fee earners within the team and will include varied work, including preparation of legal forms, preparing and circulating client reports, general assistance to fee earners on a variety of client matters and general administrative support.
• Running own files from first instruction to completion, including financial matter management
• Provide support to fee earners and their caseload, with an appropriate level of supervision
• Act as a point of contact for clients demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
• Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance on own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information
• Manage the set up of new files, including the review of incoming case files, obtaining missing documents, liaising with the client to confirm instructions
• Maintain an awareness of firm's procedures and strategies
• Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications
• Deal with telephone enquiries from clients, lay clients, and agents
• Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
• Reporting to clients
• Carrying out searches
The Ideal Candidate
Technical Skills & Experience
• Paralegal or Chartered Legal Executive (or at least part qualified)
• Excellent time management
• Excellent attention to detail.
• IT literate with working knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge/ previous experience of case management systems would be an advantage but training will be provided. Good keyboard skills are also essential
• Client focused with an ability to build strong relationships with client and third party contacts at all levels
• Able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
• Proactive and energetic with a tenacious approach to identifying issues and solving problems
• Quality and customer service oriented with a concern for accuracy and an eye for detail
• Team oriented. A collegiate approach to sharing knowledge and working with colleagues across the team is essential
• Able to progress tasks using own initiative, seeking guidance and input from others where appropriate
• Committed and enthusiastic with a professional attitude to work and a desire to commit long term to a career in this field
• Confident oral and written communication skills
• Able to adopt a commercial perspective in relation to legal issues with a concern for quality of service
About the Company
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.