Paralegal - Motor Recoveries
The Property team in Birmingham is part of our Claims Solutions Group. Our specialist property and recovery team provides expert and practical advice over a range of areas:
Public Liability / Property Damage claims
• Professional indemnity claims - defending Architects, Surveyors, Engineers etc
• Property subsidence (involving bringing legal proceedings where necessary to mitigate damage to property caused by third party trees, failed foundations, failed underpinning, escape of water etc)
• Property recovery (fire, escape of water, impact of vehicles into property etc)
• Fraud recovery
• Credit hire recovery
• Motor recoveries (involving recoveries against negligent third parties for causing damage to motor vehicles) and
• Costs involving negotiating legal costs
We are currently accepting applications from paralegals who are looking for an exciting career within a supportive team and ambitious firm. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Sarah Carter-Barford: email@example.com
- Effectively running the file to ensure deadlines are met and cases managed proactively to conclusion
- Ensure work is carried out effectively to meet the needs of the clients, the commercial requirements of the firm and the quality standards to include:
- Adherence to internal and client SLAs, KPIs and protocols.
- Achievement of agreed chargeable time and financial targets
- Prompt billing and collection of WIP and disbursements
- Prompt and accurate provision of MI
- Ensure that trust balances are cleared promptly.
- Devising a clear case strategy which is adhered to, ensuring cases are run smoothly and balance the commercial interests of both the Firm and the client
- Applying appropriate and current technical expertise and case law,
- Ensure cases reach repudiation/settlement and the archiving procedure is completed as quickly as possible.
- Effectively managing risk and compliance issues within each case, ensuring any emerging problems are escalated promptly to their Performance Manager in the first instance
- Engaging with clients where appropriate to maximise opportunities to meet and build rapport with clients, at all times acting as an ambassador of the firm
- Contribute to Business Development and client relationship activity in support of the Account Manager where required
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally have a degree in Law (LLB or equivalent) or Cilex qualification and relevant legal experience
- Be interested in and willing to learn the technical aspects of motor recoveries investigation as required for the role
- Be IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous knowledge or experience of a case management system would be an advantage but not essential.
- Good organisation skills, able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload and meet conflicting demands
- High standard of written and oral communication skills
- Confident negotiator
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
- Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to claims settlement.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.