Paralegal - Motor Recoveries - Birmingham
The Motor Recoveries team in Birmingham is part of our Claims Solutions Group. Our specialist team provides expert and practical advice over a range of areas:
- Subrogated Motor Recoveries
- Uninsured Loss Recoveries
- International Motor Recoveries
- Recovery of overpayments and duplicate payments
We are currently accepting applications from paralegals who are looking for an exciting career within a supportive team and ambitious firm.
- Effectively running a full caseload of pre-litigated and litigated files to ensure deadlines are met and cases managed proactively to conclusion
- Caseload will consist of small, fast and multi tracks
- Ensure work is carried out effectively to meet the needs of the clients, the commercial requirements of the firm and the quality standards to include:
- Adherence to internal and client SLAs, KPIs and protocols.
- Achievement of agreed chargeable time and financial targets
- Prompt billing and collection of WIP and disbursements
- Prompt and accurate provision of MI
- Ensure that trust balances are cleared promptly.
- Devising a clear case strategy which is adhered to, ensuring cases are run smoothly and balance the commercial interests of both the Firm and the client
- Applying appropriate and current technical expertise and case law,
- Ensure cases reach repudiation/settlement and the archiving procedure is completed as quickly as possible.
- Effectively managing risk and compliance issues within each case, ensuring any emerging problems are escalated promptly to their Line Manager in the first instance
- Engaging with clients where appropriate to maximise opportunities to meet and build rapport with clients, at all times acting as an ambassador of the firm
- Contribute to Business Development and client relationship activity in support of the Account Manager where required
The Ideal Candidate
- Will ideally have a degree in Law (LLB or equivalent) or Cilex qualification and relevant legal experience
- Be interested in and willing to learn the technical aspects of motor recoveries investigation as required for the role
- Be IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous knowledge or experience of a case management system would be an advantage but not essential.
- Good organisation skills, able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload and meet conflicting demands
- High standard of written and oral communication skills
- Confident negotiator
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
- Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to claims settlement.
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive)
- Willing to take on client opportunities whether in person or virtually
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org