Paralegal - Motor Injury
Our large Newport team, whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product and health and safety. The team is increasingly becoming involved in offering pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
Reporting to the Supervisor and Team Manager, the ideal candidate will:
- Act as a first point of contact for designated clients.
- Maintain a case load of motor injury cases with a value of up to £100k claims, in strict adherence to the Service Level Agreement(s) entered into with the insurer client.
- Be responsible for managing all financial aspects of his/her caseload, to include billing in strict adherence to the Service Level Agreement(s) entered into with the insurer client, managing WIP, debt and resolving general accounting queries.
- Build relationships with client contacts at all levels where necessary.
- Participate in marketing and client training events where necessary.
- Day to day responsibilities will include but is not limited to the following:
- Analysis of evidence and setting case strategies encompassing both technical and commercial considerations
- Obtaining and drafting pleadings, witness statements and letters of response
- Conducting (telephone) negotiation of claims
- Sound file management – to include consistent and accurate: billing; management of WIP and file closures
- Updating Management Information and KPI compliance.
The Ideal Candidate
Reporting to the Team Manager and Supervisors, the ideal candidate will have:
- A defendant background/experience is preferable but not essential.
- The technical ability to appropriately advise insurer clients as to all issues associated with volume motor clams, including liability, multiple party claims, indemnity and issues of medical causation and quantum .
- Excellent communication skills.
- A proven track record of working in a target driven commercial environment is essential.
- Excellent commercial awareness .
- This individual will be expected to be able to identify market trends, to provide commercially rounded advice to clients and view things from a business perspective.
- Flexible with an ability to adapt to rapid change, both internally and in the context of clients' businesses.
- Team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particular in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com