Paralegal - Motor Injury
- Acting as a first point of contact for designated clients.
- Resolving general accounting matters / issuing bills.
- Building relationships with client contacts at all levels (due to the nature of the work, contacts range from in house legal teams to production departments, human resources teams, line managers etc)
- Participating in marketing and client training events where necessary.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
Day to day responsibilities will include but is not limited to the following:-
- Analysis of evidence and setting case strategies encompassing both technical and commercial considerations
- Obtaining and drafting pleadings, witness statements and letters of response
- Conducting (telephone) negotiation of claims,
- Preparing detailed counter schedules,
- Sound file management – to include consistent and accurate: billing; management of WIP and file closures; updating Management Information.
The Ideal Candidate
- Whilst previous experience of dealing with Motor claims (either pre-litigation or litigated) is great, it is not essential - we are happy to provide training.
- Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would also be an advantage.
- Excellent commercial awareness and an interest in broader business issues.
- This individual will be expected to be able to identify market trends, to provide commercially rounded advice to clients and view things from a business perspective.
- Flexible with an ability to adapt to rapid change, both internally and in the context of clients' businesses.
- Team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particular in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.