Paralegal - Motor Injury - Newport / Flexible
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint Paralegals to join our Claims Solutions Group (CSG) in Various Locations.
Our large National team, whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product and health and safety. The team is increasingly becoming involved in offering pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
Due to the national success of the team we are looking to recruit to a number of positions within our motor injury team (insurance).
At DAC Beachcroft our international and UK teams of lawyers and advisors work with clients across a range of industry sectors and are market-leaders in the insurance, health and real estate industries.
Our market leading motor injury teams work with over 40 insurance companies and self-insured corporates.
The team has a progressive approach and a market leading reputation for not simply tackling litigation, but also for tracking and analysing behaviours and trends with a view to providing our clients with bespoke strategies and analysis of changing market behaviours.
The team deals with injury claims of all values and complexities.
To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of volume litigated motor injury cases.
- Be responsible for a varied caseload of litigated or pre litigated work with an appropriate level of supervision
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications
- Comply with internal and external service level agreements
- To record timely and accurate management information
- To hit their individual financial targets (which are set based upon work type, charging basis and experience)
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events, client training, clinics and shadowing days)
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans
- You will be required to handle confidential information in line with the firm's data
The Ideal Candidate
All relevant experience in similar roles or areas of practice is desirable but not essential and we are happy to hear from graduates who feel they would be a good fit.
- IT skills - Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills – The ability to organise their own time, recognise what's a time pressure, what's important and when to ask for help.
- Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify what is not right/out of the ordinary.
- Commercial sense – The ability to know the principle or law but also know when is it worth pursuing it.
- Interpersonal skills – The ability to get on with a team, speak to a customer on the phone and meet a client.
- Resilience – The ability to stand their ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback.
- Aptitude to learn – The ability to retain knowledge and put into play new skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org