Paralegal - Injury
The Claims Solutions team advises insurers and corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity. Our National team whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product and health and safety. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
This is a permanent role within our Manchester Casualty team. The purpose of this role is to run a case load of EL/PL casualty claims with a value up to £50,000. Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Running a varied case load of litigated work with the appropriate levels of supervision. These will include cases where liability is disputed.
- Hit, maintain and apply a consistent approach to all individual targets of financial performance, realisation rates, settlement rate and average claim spend
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
- Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance on own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information.
- Achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
- Maintain an awareness of firm's procedures and strategies
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications
- Handling confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
The Ideal Candidate
- A legal executive or paralegal with experience of running a case load of EL/PL claims for at least 2 years.
- A keen interest and enthusiasm for injury work and the demands of our clients
- Able to adopt a commercial perspective to legal issues with a concern for quality of service
- A confident communicator who can communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written form
- Excellent organisational skills and able to effectively prioritise and manage own workload
- Detail conscious and able to produce work to a high standard
- Able to work on own initiative as well as to work with and learn from supervisors and other members of the department
- A team player with a flexible and self-motivated approach
- Able to work under pressure in order to meet required deadlines
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.