Paralegal - Fraud - Belfast
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a Paralegal to join our Claims Solutions Fraud team in Belfast. This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic lawyers who are looking to build an exciting career.
The work includes:-
- Defending and investigating a range of fraudulent based claims including Motor Fraud, Credit Hire Fraud and EL/PL Fraud.
- Consulting with clients, experts and policyholders.
- Instructing our intelligence team to conduct investigation when necessary.
Our work has resulted in a number of outstanding successes for our clients. The success of the team is due to innovative legal strategies, the use of sophisticated data analysis, our people and their expertise.
What’s in it for you?
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link - https://jobs.dacbeachcroft.com/whats-in-it-for-you/
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
What you will do
- Ensure work is carried out effectively to meet the needs of the clients, the commercial requirements of the firm and the quality standards to include:
- Adherence to internal and client SLAs, KPIs and protocols
- Achievement of agreed financial targets
- Prompt billing and collection of WIP and disbursements
- Prompt and accurate provision of MI
- Devising a clear case strategy which is adhered to, ensuring cases are run smoothly and balance the commercial interests of both the Firm and the client
- Applying appropriate and current technical expertise and case law
- Effectively managing risk and compliance issues within each case, ensuring any emerging problems are escalated promptly to their Supervisor in the first instance
- Engaging with clients where appropriate to maximise opportunities to meet and build rapport with clients, at all times acting as an ambassador of the firm
- Contribute to Business Development and client relationship activity in support of the Client Relationship Partner where required
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications
Who you are
- A high level of personal compliance with firm protocols and procedures
- Good legal knowledge relevant to their area of expertise
- Good organisation skills, able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload and meet conflicting demands
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective to legal issues. High standard of written and oral communication skills
- Confident negotiator
- Able to produce work to a high standard, with excellent attention to detail and concern for quality of service
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team
- An ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).
About DAC Beachcroft
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 141 practice area rankings across Chambers UK 2023 and The Legal 500 2023 and over 230 individual lawyers ranked in the two guides.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. Our most recent accolades include being named the top winner at the 2022 Legal Innovation Awards with two awards, bringing home two National Insurance Awards in 2023 for ‘Insurance Law’ and ‘Innovative Product’, winning ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Public’ at both the 2021 and 2022 HealthInvestor Awards and ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Private’ at the 2021 awards, and being named ‘Arbitration Team of the Year’ at the 2022 British Legal Awards. Regionally in the UK, we were named ‘Law Firm of the Year – Large’ in the 2022 Yorkshire Legal Awards and ‘Innovators of the Year’ at the 2022 Bristol Law Society Awards.
What you need to know about applying
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org