Paralegal - Complex and Catastrophic Injury
Our large Birmingham team, whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product liability and health and safety. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
DAC Beachcroft LLP is the biggest defendant insurance litigation firm. DAC Beachcroft LLP has been involved in some of the leading cases that have been reported so the work is often high profile.
To provide assistance to a principal lawyer in running complex and catastrophic injury files of a high value and importance to our clients.
- Complying with internal and external service level agreements.
- Handling confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Ensuring appropriate key dates reminders are in place on all matters.
- Ensuring that a timetable exists to enable the progression of the case to resolution.
- Prompting the principal lawyer to action matters diarised.
- Maintaining internal and external case management documents.
- Recording timely and accurate management information.
- Maintaining an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Developing technical knowledge through completing online courses, attending training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
- Acting as a point of contact for clients.
- Handling routine correspondence and communications with the client, third parties and claimants’ solicitors to ensure the progression of the case to resolution.
- Assuming responsibility for agreed tasks on a claim including assisting with investigations, instructing experts, handling disclosure and instructing counsel.
- Meeting individual financial targets.
The Ideal Candidate
Reporting to the principal lawyer and team partner, the ideal candidate will have:
- A keen interest in working on complex and catastrophic injury claims.
- At least 2 years’ experience of dealing with litigated bodily injury claims
- Good commercial awareness with an ability to provide commercially rounded advice to clients and view matters from a business perspective.
- A flexible attitude with an ability to adapt to rapid change, both internally and in the context of clients' businesses.
- The ability to work as a team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, both internally and with the clients.
- Whilst previous experience of dealing with complex and catastrophic injury files would be helpful, it is not essential - we are looking for the right person and will provide training.
- Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would also be an advantage.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.