Paralegal - Commercial Health
We are looking for a number of paralegals to join our highly successful and award winning Health team based in either Leeds or Manchester. The ideal candidate will be able to assist with realisation of our business plan focusing on delivery of prompt, first class services to the public and private sector clients of the firm.
The Health teams provide advice to a range of clients within the health and care sector. Advising both private and public healthcare providers, the team works collaboratively to find solutions to the most relevant, cutting edge and challenging issues in the sector. The team was recently awarded Legal Advisors of the Year (Public Sector) for the second year running at the HealthInvestor Awards.
Whilst the roles are based within the Leeds and Manchester offices, you would be working as part of a large, national team with cooperation at its heart. An established approach to hybrid and flexible working ensures that the team works effectively and collaboratively, regardless of location.
The breadth of work undertaken by the team provides an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of healthcare. Successful candidates will be immersed in the full range of work undertaken by the team (with appropriate level of support, guidance and supervision) alongside the opportunity to contribute to business development initiatives.
The type of projects that you may be involved in include:
- National strategic procurements of healthcare services
- Outsourcing contracts
- NHS mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures
- Regulatory due diligence projects (with a focus on data compliance)
- Advising digital health providers on commercial and regulatory issues
- Data protection and general commercial matters
- Supporting the development of policy and legislation in the health and care sector
- Welfare litigation (including medical treatment and community care cases), inquests and regulatory enforcement action
Within these areas of law, you are likely to be involved in a number of different types of work, including:
• Attending meetings with team members to assist;
• Undertaking legal research;
• Assisting with document management;
• Reviewing and proof reading documents;
• Taking attendance notes;
• Supporting administrative tasks (including billing) as required;
• Ensuring that a high level of quality management is achieved on all matters.
Whilst we are initially looking at candidates for paralegal roles, we offer a clear progression pathway to candidates that demonstrate the necessary credentials and performance. We are keen to support and encourage all team members to progress their careers and reach their full potential.
The Ideal Candidate
We are passionate about the work we do and the work of our clients therefore a keen interest, knowledge, or relevant experience in the Health and Public Sectors is ESSENTIAL. Experience in commercial law and/or public law would be an advantage.
We also expect the successful applicant to have/be:
• A very good academic track record, preferably including either a degree in law or a related subject and/or prior paralegal experience. Having an LPC qualification is desirable, though not essential depending on other experience. We’re happy to talk to you if you’ve got comparable experience gained through a different route;
• Attention to detail and a determination for quality are essential;
• An outgoing, confident communicator with good oral and written communication skills;
• An enthusiastic, flexible, self-motivated and committed team player, happy to work on larger matters as part of a team with shared responsibilities;
• Strong organisational skills, together with the ability to manage deadlines and work under pressure;
• Ability to concentrate on routine tasks;
• Reliable, responsible and capable of following instructions;
• Strong interpersonal skills essential;
• IT literate;
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
This is an opportunity for someone looking to join a successful and expanding team in an exciting and developing sector, within a firm with a great reputation in the Health and Public sectors nationwide. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the legal implications of high profile issues in the Health and Public sector at the moment.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org