Paralegal - Clinical Risk
We are looking to strengthen our Clinical Risk team in Bristol and currently we have an opportunity for a Paralegal ideally with experience in this field. This role presents an excellent opportunity for ambitious and commercially minded individual to join a progressive and highly specialised team.
- Assisting fee earners in handling a challenging caseload of pre-lit and litigated defendant clinical negligence claims on behalf of the leading NHS Resolution and leading independent healthcare providers. This will involve drafting correspondence; reviewing medical records and preparing chronologies; drafting lists of Documents and arranging conferences.
- Dependent upon the level of experience and skills demonstrated further responsibilities may include the preparation of letters of instruction to experts and Applications to Court.
- Adhering closely to client protocol and process, using our bespoke case management system.
- Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. file management; billing, credit control, research and preparation of presentations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Paralegals with clinical negligence experience is highly desirable.
- Paralegals with experience in defendant personal injury or claimant clinical negligence will also be considered.
- Strong technical skill and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client- focused.
- Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues building up strong relationships.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.