Paralegal - Casualty
The Claims Solutions team advises insurers and corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity. Our National team whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product and health and safety. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution.
The Casualty Cat PI Team in Bristol (which is part of the Claims Solution Group) comprises 25 fee earners, ranging in level from paralegal to partner. We work on behalf of insurance companies, investigating and resolving high value personal injury compensation claims.
To provide assistance on the file to the principal lawyer in running catastrophic injury files of the highest value and importance to the client.
Assist by managing the key dates diary and having responsibility for the completion of key procedures in the claims resolution. These will include: –
- Ensuring appropriate key dates reminders are in place on all litigated and pre-litigated matters
- Ensure a timetable exists to enable the progression of the case to the target settlement date required by the client
- Assume responsibility for agreed tasks and investigations on the claim necessary to achieve these objectives
- Maintain internal and external case management documents
- Update MI
- Handle routine correspondence and communications with the client, third parties and claimant's solicitors to ensure the progression of the case to the agreed target date of settlement
- Prompt to the principal lawyer to action on matters diarised
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in Defendant insurance litigation is not essential but would be advantageous. An interest in this area is a must.
- Previous experience of working as a paralegal is essential.
- Experience within the legal profession is essential.
- Organisational skills – able to prioritise and manage tasks within a timescale.
- Team-working skills - a flexible and self motivated team player who is able to respect and support others within the team to achieve common goals.
- Quality service - ability to produce work to the high standards required; produce work with accuracy.
- IT – competent in Word, Excel, Outlook and ideally experience of a case management system and electronic working
- Communication skills - ability to communicate confidently both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and friendly manner
- Attention to detail and a concern for quality are essential.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet required deadlines.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and unsupervised
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.