Paralegal - Casualty Injury
The Claims Solutions team advises insurers and corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity. Our National team whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant litigation, to include catastrophic injury, motor, casualty, disease, product and health and safety. Increasingly, the team is getting involved in pre-emptive advice on these issues as well as dispute resolution. .
- Working within the casualty injury team your case load will be a mixture of EL and PL claims. We will be looking for the candidate to work on a broad profile of predominantly litigated fast track cases, with some multi track cases.
- In addition to working on your own case load the candidate will also assist on large loss cases, to gain experience of these with a view to ultimately handling cases at this level.
- You will be working in a sub team of 6 fee earners, which is part of the wider team of 24+ fee earners.
- Handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision. Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training.
- Build an awareness of DAC Beachcroft's other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
The Ideal Candidate
- Fee earner with a demonstrable interest or previous experience in the practice area.
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.