Motor Claims Handling Supervisor – Retail & Consumer - Birmingham
Please Note: The application deadline for this job has now passed.
Our CIR Retail & Consumer teams are a lawyer led claims handling service working with a range of corporate and insurer clients. Our specialism is working with in the retail and consumer sector; handling claims arising from the operation of motor fleets as well as the casualty claims arising from retail operations. We are proud to act for household names and to work with major UK retailers. We are a team of over 60 working across two locations in Newport, South Wales and Leeds. We are committed to delivering a high quality claims handling service to our clients. We value team work, professionalism, and integrity.
We are looking to recruit to a full-time Supervisor into our Retail & Consumer Team in Newport on a permanent basis.
Successful candidates will undergo a comprehensive training program to give you the knowledge to succeed. Given the size of the team and growth plans, there is a real opportunity for growth and development. Progression can either be by technical development and/or building client relationships.
What’s in it for you?
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link - https://jobs.dacbeachcroft.com/whats-in-it-for-you/
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
What you will do
Through effective management, supervision and coaching of claims handlers, to be accountable for the following:
- Ensuring files are run pro-actively and effectively to conclusion by the relevant handler, with appropriate deadlines met.
- Ensuring that handlers work effectively to meet the needs of the clients and the commercial requirements of the firm, driving high performance and addressing any performance concerns or conduct issues
- Ensuring any client complaint, emerging risk or compliance issues within a case are identified, addressed and escalated to the Team Manager within required timescales, as well as ensuring that relevant learning points are highlighted and actioned
- Direct line management for a team of claims handlers, including responsibility for
- Performance review discussions,
- Absence management, including conducting return to work interviews
- Cascading and communicating information
- Induction of new starters
- Motivating and engaging claims handlers, as well as overseeing their personal well-being in the workplace
- Identifying and recognising positive performance and behaviours
- Escalating successes, concerns or issues to the Team Manager in a timely manner
- Managing performance concerns for individual handlers within their sub-team,
- Supporting the Team Manager with recruitment activities, such as interviewing and application short-listing
- Responsible for the induction of new joiners and ongoing technical development of handlers, including supporting the Claims Solutions Group Academy
- Championing CSG strategic and innovation initiatives within the team, such as customer care and KYOTO
Who you are
Previous supervision and / or team management experience is advantageous
- Sufficient technical ability to supervise the allocated sub-team
- A high level of personal compliance with DAC Beachcroft Group protocols and procedures
- A high level of personal compliance with client SLAs, protocols and KPIs
- Evidence of successful achievement of own objectives
- Evidence of commercial acumen
- Evidence of effective people management skills including the ability to motivate, coach and mentor team members at all levels
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously
- Able to communicate confidently orally and in writing at all levels
- Must have previous experience and knowledge of handling motor cases, experience of dealing with personal injury (OIC and MOJ Portals) as well as credit hire cases.
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).
About DAC Beachcroft
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 141 practice area rankings across Chambers UK 2023 and The Legal 500 2023 and over 230 individual lawyers ranked in the two guides.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. Our most recent accolades include being named the top winner at the 2022 Legal Innovation Awards with two awards, bringing home two National Insurance Awards in 2023 for ‘Insurance Law’ and ‘Innovative Product’, winning ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Public’ at both the 2021 and 2022 HealthInvestor Awards and ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Private’ at the 2021 awards, and being named ‘Arbitration Team of the Year’ at the 2022 British Legal Awards. Regionally in the UK, we were named ‘Law Firm of the Year – Large’ in the 2022 Yorkshire Legal Awards and ‘Innovators of the Year’ at the 2022 Bristol Law Society Awards.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
What you need to know about applying
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com