DAC Beachcroft LLP are currently recruiting for a MI Developer to join their IT team. The MI Developer will report to the MI Operations Team Leader. The MI Developer's role will design and deliver a combination of data analytics products, contractual client reporting, ad hoc MI requests, data support for commercial tendering activity, project based MI development, and related quality checks and administration.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9.00-5.00
This role is expected to ensure all technical work is delivered in accordance with agreed timescales and SLA’s, and to ensure related processes are maintained, refined and followed to a measurably high standard.
The role will also engage peer functions across client-facing and business services departments, and occasionally offer support and collaboration with external client-based technical teams.
The role balances technical development, change management and robust documentation with a clear focus on operational delivery and accuracy, often within demanding timescales.
- Ensure the design, development and delivery of analytical models and / or contractual reporting and related tasks within agreed timescales, whilst conforming to the change process.
- Ability to work on a broad portfolio of delivery, ad hoc requests, and data requirements that support broader business activity, managing their own work through the agreed systems.
- Work with line management and key stakeholders within MI, IT and the wider business to establish robust MI specification;
- Development and delivery of new regular reporting and analysis typically using SQL, SSRS, SSIS.
- Leading the regular review and audit of the existing portfolio of MI reports, identifying, and implementing continuous improvement in both service delivery, process reengineering, and product quality;
- MI design and production responsibility is integral to the role, so advanced skills in Microsoft reporting stack is expected.
- Ability to represent the MI function in dialogue with the business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree level qualification in maths, science, business or computing.
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytical role, ideally within Legal, Finance or other regulated industries;
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, SSRS, SSIS, GIT.
- Familiarity with Financial and Case Management systems / data structures;
- Strong experience of data extraction, migration, reporting, quality checks and / or analytical projects, together with usage of source control products such as GIT;
- Solid communication, including the ability to define and document technical requirements, describe data analytics models outputs and methods clearly, and convey the related benefits to peers, customers and stakeholders as required.
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within Legal, Finance or other regulated industries;
- Experience in people management within technical teams or functions;
- ITIL (Foundation Certificate or above);
- Prince2 project management methods (Foundation Certificate or above);
- Solid blend of business and technology insights, with a drive toward service delivery and operational excellence;
- Clear written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex and technical messages in a format suitable for a wide range of audiences and purposes, including the creation of actionable specifications and requirements for technical development;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop/maintain relationships with own team and wider peer group;
- Commitment to continuous improvement, with the tenacity and motivation to actively seek and implement higher standards of technical development;
- Effective attention to detail, accuracy, and problem solving.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com