DAC Beachcroft are currently recruiting for a MI Developer on a 12 month FTC to assist with an internal project within the MI team and will be reporting to the MI Operations Team Leader.
The MI Developer will initially be required to work from home and then eventually at our offices in the Bristol city centre, so the ideal candidate will need to be within a commutable distance.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9.00-5.00
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role preferably within a legal, financial or other regulated industry setting and have advanced knowledge of SQL, SSRS, SSIS, TFS/GIT.
The MI Developer will design and deliver a combination of data analytics products, contractual client reporting, ad hoc MI requests, data support for commercial tendering activity, project based MI development, and related quality checks and administration. As well as this the MI Developer is expected to ensure all technical work is delivered in accordance with agreed timescales and SLA’s, and to ensure related processes are maintained, refined and followed to a measurably high standard.
The MI Developer will also engage peer functions across client-facing and business services departments, and occasionally offer support and collaboration with external client-based technical teams. As well as this they will balance technical development, change management and robust documentation with a clear focus on operational delivery and accuracy, often within demanding timescales.
Other responsibilities incude:
- Ensuring the design, development and delivery of analytical models and / or contractual reporting and related tasks within agreed timescales, whilst conforming to the change process.
- Ability to work on a broad portfolio of delivery, ad hoc requests, and data requirements that support broader business activity, managing their own work through the agreed systems.
- Work with line management and key stakeholders within MI, IT and the wider business to establish robust MI specification;
- Development and delivery of new regular reporting and analysis typically using SQL, SSRS, SSIS
- Leading the regular review and audit of the existing portfolio of MI reports, identifying, and implementing continuous improvement in both service delivery, process re-engineering, and product quality;
- MI design and production responsibility is integral to the role, so advanced skills in Microsoft reporting stack is expected.
- Ability to represent the MI function in dialogue with the business.
The Ideal Candidate
Degree level qualification in maths, science, business or computing.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytical role, ideally within Legal, Finance or other regulated industries;
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, SSRS, SSIS, TFS/GIT.
- Familiarity with Financial and Case Management systems / data structures;
- Strong experience of data extraction, migration, reporting, quality checks and / or analytical projects, together with usage of source control products such as TFS;
- Solid communication, including the ability to define and document technical requirements, describe data analytics models outputs and methods clearly, and convey the related benefits to peers, customers and stakeholders as required.
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within Legal, Finance or other regulated industries;
- Experience in people management within technical teams or functions;
- ITIL (Foundation Certificate or above);
- Prince2 project management methods (Foundation Certificate or above);
- Solid blend of business and technology insights, with a drive toward service delivery and operational excellence;
- Clear written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex and technical messages in a format suitable for a wide range of audiences and purposes, including the creation of actionable specifications and requirements for technical development;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop/maintain relationships with own team and wider peer group;
- Commitment to continuous improvement, with the tenacity and motivation to actively seek and implement higher standards of technical development;
- Effective attention to detail, accuracy, and problem solving.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com