MI / Data Entry Administrator - Clinical Risk, Bristol
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a MI / Data Entry Administrator to join our friendly and dynamic Clinical Risk team. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and passionate individual to join an award-winning, progressive and highly specialised team. We have a proven track record in complex claims across all medical specialisms.
DAC Beachcroft – A Life that Works
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. Our national clinical risk cluster has over 120 Fee Earners across 5 locations, in Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Winchester and Newcastle.
We pride ourselves on our supportive, approachable culture. We are trusted, appreciated as individuals and embraced as part of a team. At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences, we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
Our flexible approach means that we help our colleagues to be their best at work, while recognising that they have all sorts of different interests and commitments outside of their employment. Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. Combine this with our supportive culture, and you have: a Life that Works.
The main responsibilities include:
- Assisting our team in collecting MI and data about the claims we handle so this can be fed back to our clients and our lawyers to help inform strategy and tactics on claims, patient safety initiatives and to give insights on special projects
- The role will support our MI Data Analyst on delivering our Clinical Risk MI and Data Strategy. Largely it will be focussed on improving our underlying data for analysis, including back filling data on claims, so attention to detail is vital, along with methodical organisational skills. However, there is scope to extend and build the role over time
- Support the development of data processes for the Clinical Risk team, liaising with team members to ensure that our data sets are kept up-to-date
- Work with wider team members on discrete data requests to support their analysis for marketing and BD initiatives
- Adhering closely to client protocol and process, using our bespoke case management system
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous MI and data entry experience would be highly desirable. A background of MI and Data entry in defendant personal injury or claimant clinical negligence would be welcomed.
- We will also consider candidates with limited experience but who have strong academic qualifications, are practical, motivated and enthusiastic and who have a strong sense of team.
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook Email, Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge of Qliksense is desirable but not an absolute necessity as training can be provided.
- Effective communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- At least five GCSEs at A* to C grades, including Maths and English
Our promise to you
We will provide you with:
- Flexibility – home-working and part-time work will be considered.
- Fantastic benefits, which include regular pay reviews with consideration of the wider market, attractive pension scheme, private medical insurance, and regular social events.
- A competitive bonus scheme
What you can do for us
APPLY, because we want to hear from ambitious and passionate people who wish to be part of our team. Bring positivity, bring innovation and bring a hard-working ethos, to help strengthen our team and to provide quality work for our clients.
Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We have a growing number of internal networks to increase our inclusion and understanding of one another:
- Access (BAME London & Bristol)
- Christian Network (Bristol & London)
- Spectrum (LGBT+)
- Women+ Networks (London, Bristol, Leeds, Newport, Manchester, Newcastle , Birmingham)
- Parents & Carers’ Forum
We want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
If you require any further information on our process, our recruitment team would be happy to have a chat. Please contact Richard Boyce at email@example.com.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org