Legal Secretary (Professional & Commercial Risk) - Leeds
DACBeachcroft has an exciting opportunity for an experience Legal Secretary to join our Professional & Commercial Risk (P&CR) team on a full-time, permanent, hybrid basis out of our Leeds office.
The main purpose of this role is to provide an excellent standard of secretarial support to fee earners across the specified practice.
The Professional & Commercial Risk teams located across 4 locations in the North. The Leeds P&CR team consists of 5 Partners, 3 Legal Directors and 8 fee earners and 2 paralegals supported by 3 secretaries.
The team provide expert legal advice to clients across an engaging mix of professional disciplines including Professional Indemnity, Financial Institutions, Directors and Officers, Cyber, Warranty and Indemnity, and Construction. As a member of our team you will play an active part in the continued growth and success of the team in collaboration with the wider practice in the North, nationally and internationally. We act for all the main Insurance companies and Insured professionals in the supply chain. We deal with the full spectrum of Insurance work from Policy cover, recovery and strategic advice to Insurers
We are a Disability Confident employer and guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, long term health condition or neurodiversity whose application meets the essential criteria for the role. If this applies to you and you feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact email@example.com in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
- Assist with departmental billing processes and look to develop ways of improving invoice delivery
- Take ownership of billing and account queries and work with fee earners and support teams to resolve these
- Prepare and create client reports and documents for fee earners
- Maintain spreadsheets and assist with monthly MI report completion
- Use of sharefile and dropbox for the safe exchange of client information is essential
- Use of pdf docs application to assist with delivery of client documents/letters
- Create new case files as appropriate and support the paperlight DACB message
- Filing correspondence and relevant documentation retained in client files/case management systems
- Respond to client queries on a day to day basis, drafting responses for fee earner review
- Photocopying and scanning as and when required by the team
- Prepare paper and electronic bundles as required
- Maintain a level of individual knowledge required for the role using external and DACB learning platforms
- Manage fee earner diaries, booking day to day appointments and making travel arrangements
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
- Prepare correspondence and documents from digital dictation as and when required
- Assist in organising client events as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified to a minimum of 5 GCSEs (including a grade C in English and Maths) or equivalent
- A secretarial NVQ / Diploma or equivalent would be beneficial but is not essential
- Previous experience within a legal environment is preferred, insurance background welcomed
- An ability to use accounts packages and get involved in queries for the team and work with accounts
- Must have good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages
- An excellent eye for detail with a concern for quality and accuracy
- A focused client service approach
- Team orientated and collaborative with a flexible, can do attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Demonstrable ability to multitask and prioritise a full workload under pressure and the ability to work independently.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org