Legal Secretary – Ops Hub – Belfast
Please Note: The application deadline for this job has now passed.
We are looking for a Legal Secretary to join our Operations Hub, supporting our secretarial team as well as lawyers within the Claims Solutions Group. This role will be a mixture of home and office working.
This role will suit someone who has some previous secretarial experience and will be confident supporting a large team of people. The varied workload includes document collation, billing, dealing with finance queries and payment requests, some diary management and paper filing.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop a career as a Legal Secretary within a supportive team.
What’s in it for you?
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link - https://jobs.dacbeachcroft.com/whats-in-it-for-you/
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
What you will do
- Preparing correspondence and documents from digital dictation alongside proofreading speech recognition dictation
- Answering/making telephone calls
- Managing the case management system (as appropriate)
- Keeping case files organised and logical
- Preparing documentation bundles and use of e-bundling software (where appropriate)
- Setting up of new files/archiving of files
- Filing, photocopying, scanning and faxing
- Use of clients external systems for downloading and uploading of documents
- Checking of notification in-boxes and/or homeworker in-boxes
- Copying disks
- Use of encryption software
- Assisting with the planning and booking of travel arrangements whilst supporting on cost-saving initiatives
- Assisting lawyers with admin tasks e.g. expenses, diarising meetings etc, ensuring Lawyers are updated in relation to deadlines for work
- Regularly liaising with lawyers within the team and STL to keep them updated as to workflows
- Booking client meetings
- Assisting with ad-hoc business development and communications activities to include but not limited to producing branded presentations and team sheets in PowerPoint, mail merges in Word, spreadsheets in Excel, client contact reports, printing and collating delegate packs and possible meeting and greeting of delegates
- An understanding of financial administration e.g. understand financial cycle of bills appropriate to external client, to keep accurate financial data when using the case management system and maintain bills in a logical and organised manner (where appropriate)
- Ensuring client contact information is kept up to date and data is accurate
- Share knowledge within the team relating to any changes within external client set ups e.g. client contacts leaving/joining the client
- Advising Accounts/IT of any change of address/telephone numbers/change of name of any external client so that databases are updated.
Who you are
- Previous secretarial experience is required ideally in a legal environment
- Audio typing experience is required
- A secretarial NVQ / Diploma or equivalent would be beneficial but is not essential
- Must have good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages
- Demonstrable ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritise a full workload under pressure and the ability to work independently
- An excellent eye for detail with a concern for quality and accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- A focused client service approach
- Team oriented and collaborative approach with a flexible, can do attitude
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).
About DAC Beachcroft
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 141 practice area rankings across Chambers UK 2023 and The Legal 500 2023 and over 230 individual lawyers ranked in the two guides.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. Our most recent accolades include being named the top winner at the 2022 Legal Innovation Awards with two awards, bringing home two National Insurance Awards in 2023 for ‘Insurance Law’ and ‘Innovative Product’, winning ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Public’ at both the 2021 and 2022 HealthInvestor Awards and ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Private’ at the 2021 awards, and being named ‘Arbitration Team of the Year’ at the 2022 British Legal Awards. Regionally in the UK, we were named ‘Law Firm of the Year – Large’ in the 2022 Yorkshire Legal Awards and ‘Innovators of the Year’ at the 2022 Bristol Law Society Awards.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
What you need to know about applying
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com