Legal Secretary - Clinical Risk
To provide a high standard of secretarial support to partners/lawyers across the specified practice.
Please note this is a 12 months Fixed Term Contract and the hours of work are Monday-Friday, 9:00-17:00.
- Preparing correspondence and documents from digital dictation alongside proofreading speech recognition dictation (where applicable)
- Answering/making telephone calls
- Managing the case management system (as appropriate) and updating MI data and spreadsheets
- Keeping case files organised and logical
- Preparing documentation bundles and use of e-bundling software
- Opening/closing of files
- Filing, archiving, photocopying, scanning and faxing
- Assisting with the planning and booking of travel arrangements
- Assisting fee earners with admin tasks e.g. expenses, diarising meetings etc
- Booking client meetings
- Assisting with billing, cash collection and account queries e.g. following-up on outstanding invoices and liaising with Billing Administrator/Accounts
- Assisting with ad-hoc business development and communications activities to include but not limited to producing branded presentations and team sheets in Powerpoint, mail merges, spreadsheets, client contact reports, printing and collating delegate packs
- Ensuring client contact information is kept up to date and data is accurate
- Helping to maintain a clean office and clear desk
- Working knowledge of our computer systems and packages e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint and bespoke DAC Beachcroft packages and DAC Beachcroft branded documents
- Supporting on cost-saving initiatives such as cheaper travel options
- Regularly liaising with fee earners within your group and your STL to keep them updated as to workflows; ensure you keep your fee earners updated re deadlines for work;
- Share knowledge within the team relating to any changes within external client set ups e.g. client contacts leaving/joining the client etc;
- Advising accounts/IT of any change of address/telephone numbers/change of name of any external client so that databases are updated;
- Use of encryption software
- Use of client external systems (portals) for downloading and uploading of documents
- Checking notification inboxes and/or colleagues inboxes
- Assisting the team to work electronically and maintain a paperless environment
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required for the performance of your role
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified to a minimum of 5 GCSEs (including a grade C in English and Maths) or equivalent
- Previous experience as a legal secretary is preferred with a minimum typing speed of 65wpm
- A secretarial NVQ / Diploma or equivalent would be beneficial but is not essential
- Must have good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages
- Demonstrable ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritise a full workload under pressure and the ability to work independently
- An excellent eye for detail with a concern for quality and accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- A focused client service approach
- Team oriented and collaborative approach with a flexible, can do attitude
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.