Learning & Development Administration Assistant (Part-time) Bristol
DAC Beachcroft are looking for a part-time Learning & Development Administration Assistant to join our Learning & Development team based in Bristol.
The purpose of the role is to provide an efficient learning service to the business. This will involve being the key point of contact for all Learning and Development enquiries in to the team and being responsible for providing a timely solution to all the enquires received.
It is also important to work very closely with all members of the Learning and Development team in order to develop collaborative relationships with the wider HR team as we continue to focus on the New Employee Experience and continually evolve our learning culture.
Continue to build on the Firm’s learning culture and show how learning can add value to our business at all levels.
Follow the processes in place for Learning events administration which will include:
- Communication activity – taking a marketing approach to raise awareness of learning interventions
- Room booking and room set up
- Preparation of learning materials
- Administration of all learner processes – to include invitations, reminders and joining instructions etc
- Liaising with Third Party Providers to provide support in the lead up to the event and on the day of the learning intervention with on-line host support
- Evaluation process for all learning interventions
- Budget processing in line with authorised spend
Maintain the Administration aspects of the Learning System to include:
- Adding new events and courses
- Maintenance of resources hosted on the system
- Updating attendance records
- Dealing with enquiries that come into the Learning and Development mailbox
- Identify opportunities to improve processes that will improve the learner experience
Support L & D and wider HR projects as agreed to include the following areas:
- O Shaped Lawyer/O Shaped Leadership activity
- People Strategy refresh projects
- Understands DAC Beachcroft is an international firm. Works with awareness of this structure to operate as one team/brand
- Actively operates in the best interests of the firm at all times internally and externally
- Operates in a regulated environment, effectively managing risk and compliance issues including data security
- Works in partnership with others to manage and mitigate commercial risk
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working in a professional services or financial services environment is desirable
- Experience of working with Learning Management Systems and or Learning experience platforms is desirable
- A good level of computer literacy including use of Excel, PowerPoint and word is essential
- Excellent organisational skills and high levels of attention to detail
- Great communication skills, the ability to influence and engage colleagues and key stakeholders
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Enjoys working with a consultative and collaborative style and when sharing new ideas or new ways of working, they will make suggestions and take their colleagues with them on the journey
- Passionate about the importance of nurturing a continuous improvement culture and a role model of the behaviours that foster high levels of engagement
- The ability to work with and understand bespoke systems quickly
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org