LLP - Paralegal - Property Casualty (London)
The London Insurance Group forms part of the firm's Global Practice Group. We work on high-value, complex and international claims for London Market and International insurance companies and syndicates. We give our junior lawyers the chance to work on exciting cases and to establish contact with our client base.
The Global Group’s expertise spans virtually all insurance service lines: property, construction, energy (on and offshore), marine, environmental liability, product liability and recall, public liability, professional indemnity, financial institutions, crime, directors' and officers' liability, cyber liability and other financial lines.
We are looking to recruit a Paralegal to join our market-leading global insurance team based in London specifically working on a high profile and sensitive client investigation.
Day to day responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Reviewing and summarising documents relevant to claims / losses in the UK or abroad.
- Drafting correspondence to counter-parties / experts and drafting advice to clients.
- Attending meetings (in person and on Teams) with clients/experts/factual witnesses and taking notes.
- Interpreting and understanding insurance policy terms and conditions and providing views on coverage.
- Assisting with the ordering of files and proactive running of cases.
- Handling confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Coordinating clear document management including preparing and maintaining records, assisting with the ordering and scheduling of files.
- Reviewing documents and preparing electronic and hard copy bundles of documents for counsel/experts/factual witnesses
- The ability to succinctly summarise witness evidence both from statements and when given live
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree 2:1 or proven experience of litigation, civil procedure and document management.
- Language proficiency, particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of MS Office in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and awareness of quality standards in work produced.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, prioritising workload and multi-tasking where necessary.
- Enthusiastic and approachable with a committed and flexible attitude to work.
- Ambition, drive and with an inquisitorial mind set to want to get to the bottom of things.
- Embracing change with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com