LLP - Associate/Senior Associate (Employment) - Dublin
DAC Beachcroft Dublin's Employment Team is expanding and we are looking to recruit additional team members to join our Employment Team in Dublin.
DAC Beachcroft Dublin is a full service Law Firm with over 90 colleagues. Our team of partners, lawyers and support staff work together to provide a client-led service, which responds swiftly and effectively to all matters. Since the inception of our Dublin office we have established ourselves as one of Ireland's fastest growing and most recognised firms.. We have achieved this by providing a unique offering which can be tailored to the specific requirements of each of our clients. We provide this bespoke service incorporating sound, pragmatic and commercial advice in a cost effective way.
Our Employment Team has been an integral part of this growth and our firm's success and it is once again expanding. Are you looking for an environment in which you can deliver high calibre employment advice as well as build client relationships and develop the business? If so, this is the Team for you. The Team acts for a wide variety of national and international employers to include those operating in the private and public sector and household names, we also routinely advise insurers in relation to EPL policies . We provide advice on the defence of employment claims, regulatory advice on the changing legislative landscape and proactive sector specific advices which will ultimately minimise the possibility of claims arising or put our clients in the best position to defend themselves if they do.
You will :
- Be advising key clients on a wide variety of both daily operational employment law issues and strategic and contentious issues. This will include such areas as disciplinary and grievance processes, contracts and policies, management issues, collective issues, reorganisations and transfers of employment.
- Drafting and updating employment documentation to include, but not limited to contracts, handbooks and policies and regionalising documentation for international clients.
- Supporting our corporate team in Dublin and the wider team in advising on TUPE and completing due diligence projects.
- Resolving employment law disputes through mediation or adjudication before the WRC, Labour Courts or civil courts, as required.
- Have the opportunity to develop your business development skills and technical knowledge.
- Play a vital role in the development and promotion of the Team and the Firm through business development, networking and profile raising activities, including contributing to marketing, training and knowledge sharing within the team and throughout the firm
- Assist team members and partners in the day to day running of the office overseeing the associated administrative tasks as and when appropriate
- Work closely with our colleagues in our other offices (particularly in the UK) to develop cross border opportunities to assist and support our global client base and also to learn from and advise others on developments in other jurisdictions
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified solicitor in Ireland ideally with significant post qualification experience
- Employment experience is essential
- Experience of using alternative forms of dispute resolution
- Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through issues
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be client-focused
- Ability to operate a high level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives and a willingness to assist in the success of DAC Beachcroft Dublin
- Team oriented and collegiate with an experience of and willingness to mentor, coach and supervise less experienced members of teams where appropriate
- Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships, undertake client marketing and influence at all levels. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
- Strong organisational skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling claims.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org