Junior Document Specialist - Bristol
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a Junior Document Specialist to join our IT Team in Bristol.
This role will be responsible for the production and maintenance of all legal documents within all of the firm's case management systems (CMS). Document specialists must be detail-oriented and able to work with a high volume of documents in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be highly organised and able to work independently with a high degree of attention to detail. Excellent oral and written communications skills to interact with all levels of the business.
As a member of the document specialist team the role holder will:
- Create, format and update a wide range of complex documents within the CMS.
- Write code within the firm's CMS as required to support complex document generation.
- Accurately interpret instructions for amendments and new precedents.
- Adhere to house styles and templates, utilise appropriate tools to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Amend and format large documents, identifying and rectifying errors and omissions.
- Understand and apply (or challenge) correct use of grammar and punctuation. Knowledge of legal terminology is desirable but can be learned.
- Proof read all documents to ensure quality of output.
- Self-test all documents and accompanying processes in development/test environments.
- Troubleshoot technical issues relating to document generation in CMS.
- Complete tasks to strict deadlines and effectively manage expectations of internal clients (in conjunction with their line manager), providing exceptional customer service.
- Ensure adherence to SLAs and where possible exceed expectations.
- Prioritise IT incidents and service requests in order to ensure that user incidents are dealt with in an appropriate, timely and effective manner.
- Maintain a spreadsheet with a full audit trail of document changes.
- Build strong working relationships with the precedent committee members, PG&R and document owners.
- When appropriate, challenge and question the requirements submitted by the business to ensure the business delivers a professional and consistently high quality output.
- Manage their own workload effectively and promptly liaise with their line manager if deadlines cannot be met or are in danger of not being met for any reason.
- Work as part of a team ensuring that service is consistently delivered to a high standard.
- Identify any training needs following major changes and co-ordinate with IT trainers.
- Ensure their own technical skills are maintained and updated, utilising both in house and external resources.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Deal proactively with support tickets, maintaining compliance with the firm's ISO27001 Incident Management requirements.
- Create necessary Change Management Documentation and follow correct procedure when implementing changes in Live/Production environments.
- Provide Technical support to a dedicated Application Support Team.
The Ideal Candidate
The person we are looking for:
- Will demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Will demonstrate a good awareness of functionality available in Microsoft Word, such as macros, bookmarks, styles etc.
- Will demonstrate fast and accurate typing skills.
- Will be capable of working autonomously, whilst understanding the point at which they need to seek guidance/approval from their line manager or a senior colleague within the team.
- Will be able to work as part of a team, liaising with their line manager on a daily basis, to ensure work is correctly prioritised and delivered at the appropriate time.
- May have some knowledge of Solcase or Visualfiles but this is not essential because full training will be provided as this is a junior position.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
DAC Beachcroft wants to encourage disabled people to apply for jobs and give them an opportunity to show their skills, talent and abilities at the interview stage. If you have a long term health condition which has an adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities and feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com