We are looking for a Junior Clerk to join our in house Advocacy team at 8DB in the Bristol/Birmingham office. The purpose of the role is to work alongside the Senior Clerk/Clerk and provide a high standard of support for all Barristers and Advocates. The ideal candidate will assist with the efficient running of the Clerking desk, servicing both in house and external clients.
- Responding efficiently to high volumes of diary bookings
- Issuing offers of Advocacy Representation to File Handlers
- Provide and negotiate fees in correlation with representation offers
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries from File Handlers
- Proactively chasing paperwork for Barristers/Advocates ahead of their hearings
- Liaising with File Handlers as for continued effectiveness of future court bookings
- Routine checks of Courtserve to ensure correctness of Court location and Judge details
- Responsible for raising daily fee disbursements for work undertaken.
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (including a grade C in English or Maths) or equivalent
- Previous Clerking experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- The ability to multitask in a busy working environment
- Ability to prioritise a full workload under pressure and the able to use initiative and work independently.
- Be organised and methodical individual
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in oral and written communications
- An excellent eye for detail with a concern for quality and accuracy