International Finance Business Partner
DAC Beachcroft is recruiting for an International Finance Business Partner. This is a permanent role, reporting to the Head of International Finance and is based in our Bristol office. The International Finance Business Partner will play a pivotal role partnering with our overseas operations, currently located in Spain, Ireland, France, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, USA and Singapore.
The International Finance team provides support to the Firm's overseas operations in management and financial accounting, billing, purchase and payments management, monthly reporting and budgeting as well as providing financial analysis to support the firm's strategic decision-making processes.
The International Finance Business Partner role will report to the Head of International Finance and will work closely with a team of two International Assistant Accountants based in Bristol and the wider Finance teams and Practice Managers located overseas. The International Finance Business Partner will also have a great level of interaction with the Group Finance & Reporting Team, Business Partnering team, Group Tax team, Treasury team, and Finance Operations Team, among others.
The core responsibilities of this role are with the overseas operations and include, among others, the following:
- Delivering high quality monthly management information and analysis to support business leaders in decision making.
- Understanding and explaining the key business drivers and trends that will maximise profitability and cash generation.
- Interpreting data, both financial and non-financial and understanding the impact of these on the business.
- Reconciling key balance sheet accounts, liaising with the overseas entities to ensure that local statutory and UK books are reconciled and differences between both sets of books are explained.
- Supporting the annual audit process, liaising with the Group Financial Accountant to answer audit queries, mainly in the form of desktop analytical reviews.
- Leading and preparing the budgeting and forecasting of Cluster results in line with the Group timetable, with completion of reports and commentaries.
- Working with the whole Finance function to ensure their Business is aware of and consistently meets both regulatory requirements (UK and Local) and our internal risk management framework.
- Communicating financial policy, process, systems and controls to people outside the finance function and / or UK, providing training where necessary.
Key stakeholders include Cluster Heads (lead Service Line Partners), International Development Director, Practice Managers located overseas, Head of International Finance, Director of Business Finance and other members of the extended Group Finance team in Bristol and overseas.
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with three years post qualification experience.
- Comfortable working with multiple currencies with a good understanding of accounting treatments, exchange risk and inter-company accounting.
- This role will require an awareness of methods other than UK GAAP.
- IT literate with good knowledge of current accounting system technology. Experience of working with Elite would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, mainly Excel, and comfortable diving through complex financial models.
- Builds effective relationships, and works collaboratively with internal customers.
- Flexible and organised, able to multitask and to prioritise.
- Self-starter, keen to take ownership, solve problems, learn and grow.
- Good knowledge of business French and Spanish would be a benefit but not essential.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working. In addition please feel free to let us know about any reasonable adjustment you may require at any point in the recruitment process. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com