International Finance Business Partner
DAC Beachcroft is seeking an International Finance Business Partner. This is a permanent role, reporting to the Head of International Finance and is based in our Bristol office. The International Finance Business Partner will play a pivotal role partnering with our overseas operations, currently located in Spain, Ireland, France, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Miami and Singapore.
The International Finance team provides support to the Firm's overseas operations in management accounting, billing, purchase and payments management, monthly reporting and budgeting as well as providing financial analysis to support the firm's strategic decision-making processes.
The International Finance Business Partner role will report to the Head of International Finance and will work closely with a team of two International Assistant Accountants based in Bristol and the wider finance teams located overseas. The International Finance Business Partner will also have a great level of interaction with the Group Finance & Reporting Team, Business Partnering team, Group Tax and Treasury team, and Operations Team, among others.
The core responsibilities of this role are with the overseas operations and include, among others, the following:
- Delivering high quality monthly management information and analysis to support business leaders in decision making.
- Understanding and explaining the key business drivers and trends that will maximise profitability and cash generation.
- Interpreting data, both financial and non-financial and understanding the impact of these on the business.
- Reconciling key balance sheet accounts, liaising with the overseas entities to ensure that local and UK books are reconciled and differences between both set of books are explained
- Leading and preparing the budgeting and forecasting of Cluster results in line with the Group timetable, with completion of reports and commentaries.
- Working with the whole Finance function to ensure their Business is aware of and consistently meets both regulatory requirements (UK and Local) and our internal risk management framework.
- Communicating financial policy, process, systems and controls to people outside the finance function and / or UK, providing training where necessary.
Key stakeholders include Cluster Heads (lead Service Line Partners), International Development Director, Head of International Finance, Director of Business Finance and other members of the extended Group Finance team in Bristol and the overseas finance teams.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with three years post qualification experience. This role will require an awareness of methods other than UK GAAP
- Experience in inter-company accounting
- Comfortable working with multiple currencies with a good understanding of accounting treatments and exchange risk
- IT literate with good knowledge of current accounting system technology
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Builds effective relationships, and works collaboratively with internal customers
- Flexible and organised, able to multitask and to prioritise
- Self-starter, keen to take ownership, solve problems, learn and grow
- Experience of working with Elite would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of business French and Spanish would be a plus, although not essential