International Finance Assistant Accountant - Fixed Term Contract
The International Finance team is currently recruiting for an International Finance Assistant Accountant for a period of 9 months, until end of April 2022.
Reporting to the Head of International Finance, and working very closely with the Assistant Accountant and other Finance colleagues in the International region as well as other members of the Finance team in Bristol, the International Finance Assistant Accountant will be accountable for a variety of tasks supporting the business operating model currently in place, including opening and closing matters, updating billing rates, processing billings to clients, logging supplier invoices, applying cash received to the applicable matters, processing bank payments, scanning and filing documents, and any other ad-hoc requests including analysis of data that may take place during the normal monthly operating cycle. There will also be an opportunity to develop accounting and analytical skills like the processing of monthly accruals and prepayments, payroll postings and other as well as understanding how to deal with different currencies. The International Finance Assistant Accountant will ensure that all transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
International Processing for the following locations: mainly Chile, Mexico, Singapore, and USA (Miami), with occasional support to France, Colombia, Spain and Ireland.
Where local processing in the International clusters exists:
- Provide support to International contacts on group processing practices, ensuring that they adhere to group policies and deadlines.
Where processing or review of operational / accounting transactions is performed in Bristol:
- Matter data: ensure all matters and rates are set up and/or amended accurately and on time and deal with general queries on matters
- Accounts Payable: ensure all payments, disbursements and invoices are logged accurately and timely.
- Billing: raise and amend invoices / credit notes and deal with various billing queries
- Sales Ledger: post bill payments and allocate accordingly
Accounting and analysis:
- Assist with the processing of accounting journals, mainly for accruals, prepayments and payroll
- Assist with the analysis of variances: preparation of analysis of costs as part of the month-end close processes, to understand drivers of variances to budgets
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget process: collating historical information through finance reports and analysing data.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good knowledge of Elite 3E and Excel, which will be used daily. Training will be provided as needed.
- Self-starter, keen to learn, develop, and take responsibility.
- Very good communication skills are essential, as the role requires liaising with other offices.
- Flexible in terms of a changing environment and workload, and working across multiple time-zones.
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and meet deadlines simultaneously.
- Previous experience in Finance processing in a shared service environment ideally gained in a professional services environment.
- Fluent in written and oral English (Essential). Knowledge of Spanish and French will be a real plus.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org