This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with research and/or analysis experience to develop a career within the legal sector. Ideal for Criminology Graduates or those with an interest in working in Fraud.
The successful applicant will be responsible for undertaking reactive desktop research and investigation, supporting all files referred to fraud cases in addition to cases that are referred in from other service lines, the wider LLP and directly from clients. This will include undertaking proactive research in relation to fraud and support the development of operations.
If you would like to discuss this role further and find out some more information then please contact Emma Colls on: email@example.com
- Research and development of intelligence from various desktop sources to assist in the proactive identification of fraud including proactive intelligence generated through the triage process.
- Deliver intelligence research products to support specific cases or operations.
- Communication with internal fraud teams, dedicated client fraud teams and internal clients to ensure the intelligence products meet with their requirements and develop on-going working relationships.
- Dissemination of clear and concise intelligence reports and briefing documents.
- Identifying intelligence for triage and development and flagging this to intelligence submissions.
- Conducting telephone liaison and proactive engagement with external agencies to validate or enquire about sensitive data.
- Working with colleagues to develop and implement new intelligence processes and small projects.
- Pursue continual professional development in areas of research, legislation and relevant technology.
- Maintain an awareness of commercial considerations and profitability of work produced.
- Undertake shadowing and training of internal and external staff in relation to the intelligence researcher role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous relevant research and/or analysis experience is essential for the role.
- Communication skills including verbal and written communication are essential.
- Experience of using technology to support the delivery of your work effectively.
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple work streams.
- Demonstrable pro-activity in a working environment.
- Proven problem solving skills and an enquiring mind.
- Experience of open and closed source research and research methodology is an advantage.
- A detailed knowledge of Data Protection Act, RIPA & Human Rights Act is advantageous.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work and willing to develop others to meet the intelligence team's high standards.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.