IT Site Support Technician
- Act as "Desk Side Support" for all location related IT queries logged directly via the IT Service Desk.
- Ensure all calls are handled in line with agreed business SLA's.
- Provide solutions, guidance and help with user problems with common applications such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office suite and various in-house bespoke systems, wherever possible.
- Build, Install and configure desktop computer systems to a specification depicted by the client.
- Provide hardware fault finding expertise and resolve where possible.
- Troubleshoot Ricoh multi-functional device issues.
- Liaise with IT Service Desk and centralised IT department based in Bristol on technical issues and project work.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate moves around the office
- Manage and maintain location comms room (where applicable to location)
- Provide support to the firm's Video conferencing and AV facilities, assisting users with general queries.
- Ensure back up tape and monthly tape procedures are followed.
- Manage and maintain stock levels within the location, including pool laptop allocation. Ensure all stock is asset tracked corresponding to the requirements outlined by IT Management.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
- Promote new technologies and processes throughout the location by use of IT Drop in Sessions, floor walking and knowledge guides.
- Design, update and maintain technical documentation relating to IT protocols and procedures and, ensure these are shared with other staff members.
- Take full responsibility for the provision, day-to-day support & administration of Samsung / Android / iPhone devices.
- Ensuring new starter hardware is provided and similarly, equipment is retrieved from leavers.
- Provide floor walking at times of change such as software and hardware upgrade programmes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced software & hardware skills
- Maintain excellent customer focus, ensuring the needs of the customer are always understood and prioritised.
- ITIL certification or, awareness of ITIL methodology and framework.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to support users on IT related matters to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the location.
- Good technical knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of supporting and tuning PCs, laptops and other mobile devices
- Able to provide support on a wide variety of other applications.
- Effective & confident communicator; able to obtain, evaluate & deliver information in a clear and concise manner – both orally and written.
- Listening and patience are important qualities for this role.
- Flexibility to travel to other locations and provide support, to cover absence.
- Able to work on own initiative and deal with peaks and troughs in workload
- A flexible approach to working hours and the occasional weekend work.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.