IT Site Support Technician - Bristol
DACBeachcroft has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Site Support Technician to join our IT team on a full-time, permanent, hybrid basis in our Bristol office.
Reporting into the Site Support Team Leader, the main purpose of the Site Support Technician is to deliver quality & value added IT onsite support services to all DACB users and locations. Resolve in scope Service Requests and Break-Fix Incident tickets to agreed SLA’s for IT hardware related services. Deliver a first class new starter experience (all equipment ordered provisioned, tested and delivered to new starter location).
We are a Disability Confident employer and guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, long term health condition or neurodiversity whose application meets the essential criteria for the role. If this applies to you and you feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
IT Support - Reactive
- Provide on-site IT hardware support for DACB location related incident, advice, query and training requirements
- Provide remote IT hardware support for users in DACB locations where no dedicated on site hardware support resource is provided.
- Ensure a support ticket is logged for every interaction
- Ensure all calls are handled in line with agreed business SLA's.
- Event IT Support – ensure request ticket logged for each requirement
- Resource the Care Bar on a daily basis during publicised opening times opening times are adhered to, Presentation screens are updated and customers are kept informed of opening and closing times. (for Bristol only).
- Provide floor walking at times of change such as software and hardware upgrade programmes.
- ISO27001 7 Day update compliance - ensure all tickets are updated with a meaningful update for the end user
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
- Assist Infrastructure as and when required for site based support…blah blah need to raise ticket. Ensure back up tape and monthly tape procedures are followed.
IT Support – Proactive
- Ensure accessible and visible
- Suggest improvements to New Starter Welcome pack
- Contribute to and evidence contribution to the Knowledge Base
- Site Bible documentation to assist with specific location based IT protocols and procedures/contacts/quirks…..
- Identify and log Problem tickets for Team Leader review
- Change Management – ensure awareness of planned changes, looking to reference change schedule/calendar to qualify out changes for high impact incidents
- Proactively log a support ticket for any interaction where a user has failed to log one
- Support the location Reception teams with regular training sessions.
- Responsible for ensuring site desks are fully equipped where applicable
- Identify opportunities (raise in 1-2-1's) where possible to improve processes, decrease time to fix, reduce cost or improve customer satisfaction
- Ensure AV user guides are created and maintained located and maintained in each DACB location
- Ensure proactive checks are undertaken of all IT technologies in meeting rooms prior to meetings taking place
- Identify user training need trends and highlight as appropriate, scheduling drop in training/advice sessions
- Take individual responsibility for adhering to and identifying improvements to support processes and documentation
- Ensure compliance with and drive 4 year asset management lifecycle requirements ensuring replacement of all aged assets
- Ensure all assets are managed in line with ISO27001
- Mobile device management
- Laptop device management
- Peripherals device management
- Ensure IT stock areas are kept tidy at all times ensuring that stock levels are clearly defined and there is no trip / fire hazards as a result.
- Manage and maintain stock levels within the location, including Loan laptop allocation. Ensure all devices are asset tracked corresponding to the requirements outlined by ISO27001.
- On resolution of tickets, review content to ensure that each ticket is:-
- categorised correctly
- prioritised correctly
- has clear concise resolution detail
- has correct resolution code applied
- Promote new technologies and processes throughout the location by use of IT Drop in Sessions, floor walking and knowledge guides
- When supplied with relevant information, administer & manage the users identified in the latest “IT Get Well plans” by invoking catch ups with users and carrying out proactive support, broadband speed checks and other troubleshooting methods.
- With the assistance of the Office Services team, co-ordinate and facilitate moves around the office where required.
Development – keep abreast of new technologies and Site Support changes/developments in the market place for your role. Where relevant seek opportunities to network, attend conferences and seminars.
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced software & hardware skills
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware systems, mobile devices, routers, and peripherals. Knowledge of operating systems, office software, enterprise software, and server systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- This role is an Office based role and therefore, all Site Support Technicians will have a Flex asmode of “Office Focused”. Daily exceptions to this must be discussed with the Site Support Manager and / or Team Leader.
- Maintain excellent customer focus, ensuring the needs of the customer are always understood and where appropriate prioritised
- ITIL certification or, awareness of ITIL methodology and framework (new joiners without this accreditation will be training to this level).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to support users on IT related matters to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the location.
- Good technical knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of supporting and tuning Laptops and other mobile devices
- Able to provide support on a wide variety of other applications.
- Effective & confident communicator; able to obtain, evaluate & deliver information in a clear way.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com