IT Site Support Technician - Bristol
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint an IT Site Support Technician to join our IT Team in our Bristol office on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the SST Support Manager, you will deliver quality & value added IT Desk side support to all users across the “End user computing” spectrum. Resolve all Service Request, Break-Fix & Incident tasks to agreed SLA’s (or in some cases, ahead of them). Deliver a first class New Starter experience to the specifications provided by the Business, ensuring all work is quality checked.
We are a Disability Confident employer and guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, long term health condition or neurodiversity whose application meets the essential criteria for the role. If this applies to you and you feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact email@example.com in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
- Act as "Desk side Support" for all location related IT queries logged directly via the IT Service Desk & possibly via direct contact (walk ups).
- Resolve the Service Requests that are provisioned via the firms OneDesk system in line with the published Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain the firms approach to the four year device lifecycle by ensuring replacement of aged assets.
- Ensure all tickets are updated in line with the agreed 7 day update SLA in compliance with ISO27001.
- When required, (usually on a rota basis) facilitate the Queue Co-ordination process to ensure proactive monitoring of Service request and break fix tickets.
- Ensure all calls are handled in line with agreed business SLA's.
- (Where applicable – London and Bristol) Maintain the Care Bar on a daily basis ensuring opening times are adhered to, Presentation screens are updated and customers are kept informed of opening and closing times.
- When supplied with relevant information, administer & manage the users identified in the latest “IT Get Well plans” by invoking catch ups with users and carrying out proactive support, broadband speed checks and other troubleshooting methods.
- Provide solutions, guidance and help with user problems with common applications such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office suite and various in-house bespoke systems, wherever possible.
- Build, Install and configure desktop computer systems to a specification depicted by the client.
- Provide hardware fault finding expertise and resolve where possible.
- With the assistance of the Office Services team, co-ordinate and facilitate moves around the office where required.
- Manage and maintain location comms room (where applicable to location)
- Provide support to the firm's Video conferencing and AV facilities, assisting users with general queries, How Do I questions and support with regular Drop In sessions.
- Support the location Reception teams with regular training sessions.
- Ensure back up tape and monthly tape procedures are followed.
- Manage and maintain stock levels within the location, including Loan laptop allocation. Ensure all devices are asset tracked corresponding to the requirements outlined by ISO27001.
- Ensure IT stock areas are kept tidy at all times ensuring that stock levels are clearly defined and there is no trip / fire hazards as a result.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
- Promote new technologies and processes throughout the location by use of IT Drop in Sessions, floor walking and knowledge guides.
- Contribute to, update and maintain the Knowledge Base & Site Bible documentation to assist with IT protocols and procedures.
- Take full responsibility for the provision, day-to-day support & administration of Android / iPhone devices.
- Provisioning of new starter access and hardware, ready for user start date; maintaining good communication with the firms HR team
- Provide floor walking at times of change such as software and hardware upgrade programmes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Advanced software & hardware skills
- Maintain excellent customer focus, ensuring the needs of the customer are always understood and prioritised.
- ITIL certification or, awareness of ITIL methodology and framework (new joiners without this accreditation will be training to this level).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to support users on IT related matters to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the location.
- Good technical knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of supporting and tuning Laptops and other mobile devices
- Able to provide support on a wide variety of other applications.
- Effective & confident communicator; able to obtain, evaluate & deliver information in a clear and concise manner – both orally and written.
- Listening and patience are important qualities for this role.
- Ability to follow processes & guidelines but, to bring anomalies with these to the attention of the SST Manager.
- Flexibility to travel to other locations and provide support, to cover absence.
- Able to work on own initiative and deal with peaks and troughs in workload
- A flexible approach to working hours and the occasional weekend work.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org