IT Infrastructure Specialist (Server & Office365)
DAC Beachcroft is looking to recruit an Infrastructure Specialist to join our IT team in Bristol. You will provide subject matter expertise on a range of infrastructure technologies in relation to IT requests, issues and incidents. This will include monitoring and maintaining our IT infrastructure and provide 3rd line technical expertise on IT projects.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Providing 3rd line technical support for hardware and applications
- Implementing new applications and systems as well as improving and maintaining existing systems
- Managing and monitoring and optimisation of system performance
- Reviewing capacity requirements and managing capacity
- Documenting and maintaining configuration for the design, configuration, routines, processes and tools
- Identifying areas for improvement. Recommending solutions based on the technical analysis of business requirements and following defined best practise guidelines and frameworks E.g. ITIL
- Ensuring that IT continuity plans, technology and tools safeguard data integrity, security and access
- Planning and prioritising work to ensure that deadlines and targets are met
- Liaising with both technical and non-technical professionals to resolve issues
- Documentation of all new systems and changes to existing systems
- Ensuring compliance with DAC Beachcroft's information security policies, standards and procedures in the day-to-day delivery of IT services
- Supporting information security risk assessments within IT Service Delivery by making resources available where appropriate
- Proactively identifying and reporting security risks to the Information Security team
- Acting as an escalation point for difficult or complex incidents
- Ensuring that incidents are dealt with according to customer and priority needs
- Understanding the business and its objectives
- Co-ordinating with teams within IT to ensure that service outages are correctly communicated to the business or affected users
- Working with the problem management team or other virtual teams as required
- When required representing Infrastructure at team, department and supplier meetings
- Developing and maintaining knowledge and skills and keep up-to-date with new processes, procedures and developments
- Attending training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Handling confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
- Willing to take ownership on any other tasks and responsibilities required until complete
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in a 3rd line infrastructure role or similar
- Subject matter expertise for all aspects of Office/Microsoft 365 from planning through migration to BAU operations ideally within large organizations
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and liaise and converse at all levels
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to work on own as well as a team player
- Strong networking skills with particular emphasis on Cisco equipment, MPLS, Kemp load balancing, routing, firewalls & wireless networking working with WAN, MPLS, VPN, LAN & Telecoms technologies
- Strong Microsoft 365 migration and administration skills
- Strong knowledge of two factor authentication and email security solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Teams or Skype for Business with implementation and administration skills
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects and see them through from conception to completion
- Legal industry exposure (Desirable)
- Legal case management and document management systems experience (Desirable)
- Strong skills supporting Microsoft AD, DNS and Remote Desktop Services
- Strong skills diagnosing and resolving client application, connectivity and hardware based incidents
- Good Windows scripting skills
- Good skills in VMware virtualization technologies
- Azure experience (Desirable but not essential)
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
Our commitment to you and your application
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com