IT Infrastructure SOC Specialist
To provide subject matter expertise on a range of infrastructure security technologies in relation to IT requests, issues and incidents. To monitor and maintain the companies security infrastructure and provide 3rd line technical expertise on IT security projects.
- Plan and Implement new security monitoring applications and systems
- Manage, improve and maintain monitoring of the infrastructure and security platforms
- Respond and act on alerting in accordance to security processes and procedures
- Responsible for the maintenance and currency of tooling, ensuring tools are available and being maintained supporting Incident and Vulnerability response
- Defining, Creating and Tuning Security Alerts
- Writing playbooks for Security technicians to follow to investigate and resolve identified alerts
- Network Intrusion and Hardware Monitoring/Investigation
- Proficiency in use and maintenance of SIEM or Security Toolsets
- Planning, preparing and executing technology change across a rapidly evolving environment
- Record faults and arrange repairs.
- Identify areas for improvement. Recommend solutions based on the security analysis of business requirements and follow defined best practise guidelines and frameworks E.g. ITIL
- Ensure that IT continuity plans, technology and tools safeguard data integrity, security and access
- Plan and prioritise work to ensure that deadlines and targets are met
- Liaise with both technical and non-technical professionals to resolve issues
- Ensure compliance with DAC Beachcroft's information security policies, standards and procedures in the day-to-day delivery of IT services
- Support information security risk assessments within IT Service Delivery by making resources available where appropriate
- Proactively identify and report security risks to the Information Security team
- Provide an "on call" out of hours service
- Act as an escalation point for difficult or complex incidents
- Ensure that incidents are dealt with according to customer and priority needs
- Understand the business and its objectives
- Co-ordinate with teams within IT to ensure that service outages are correctly communicated to the business or affected users
- Work with the problem management team or other virtual teams as required
- When required represent Infrastructure at team, department and supplier meetings
- Develop and maintain knowledge and skills and keep up-to-date with new processes, procedures and developments
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
- Is also willing to take ownership on any other tasks and responsibilities required until complete
Additional Specific Specialist Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and support of applications and related hardware associated with our solutions for intrusion detection (IDS), Security Incident Event Monitoring (SIEM), Email Security, Azure Security, Network and Hardware monitoring tools – Solarwinds, PRTG, Scrutinizer (Netflow)
- Project work related to SOC/Security role. Design, plan, implement and manage a range of on premise and cloud monitoring security systems. This includes the creation of reporting scripts and custom reports to monitor ad-hoc systems and services not covered by traditional monitoring tools.
- Network and Hardware monitoring tool – Solarwinds, PRTG, Scrutinizer (Netflow)
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ Years' experience in a 3rd line IT infrastructure security/SOC role or similar
- Strong skills in one or more Microsoft platforms (Azure Security Center, SIEM, Defender ATP, M365 Security)
- Experience of working in a SOC environment with proven experience in systems management
- Experience of SIEM Engineering including on-boarding, troubleshooting and administration of log sources
- Strong skills supporting network and security systems ( Darktrace, Firewalls, NAC, Network technologies-Cisco, Microsoft etc.)
- Strong skills monitoring and diagnosing client application, connectivity and hardware based incidents
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to work on own as well as a team player
- Legal industry exposure (Desirable)
- Legal case management and document management systems experience (Desirable)
- 5+ A – C GCSE's
- IT Degree (Security) – Desirable
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional Azure & Security Qualifications / CCNP,CISSP (Desirable)
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com